Cannot program PSoC63 hex file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
OnPi_2263161
Level 4
Level 4
First like received Code Expert

Hi everybody,

I made example cmake Blink project which uses only PDL (without PSoC Creator). With cypress OpenOCD fork blink.elf can be loaded in the cy8cproto-063-ble prototyping board. The project generates a hex file from it but PSoC programmer cannot flash it (attached is an image with error output).

How should be hex file created from the elf to support PSoC Programmer?

Thank you

Ondrej Pilat

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hello Ondrej,

You should be able to use the elf file together with OpenOCD to program the device. However if you want to use PSoC Programmer, there's a nasty 'Metadata' block needed to inform the programmer about information such as data integrity, Silicon ID etc. There's also a 4-byte field which prevents to use non PSoC-Creator generated hex files. Cypress refers this as 'internal use'.

I've reverse engineered the Metadata field and I created a tool to add this Metadata to just any HEX file.

I am setting up a Visual Studio project for PSoC6 and it seems we could both help each other in working specific things out.

Please PM me if you want to work on this together.

Thanks!

Rolf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hello Ondrej,

You should be able to use the elf file together with OpenOCD to program the device. However if you want to use PSoC Programmer, there's a nasty 'Metadata' block needed to inform the programmer about information such as data integrity, Silicon ID etc. There's also a 4-byte field which prevents to use non PSoC-Creator generated hex files. Cypress refers this as 'internal use'.

I've reverse engineered the Metadata field and I created a tool to add this Metadata to just any HEX file.

I am setting up a Visual Studio project for PSoC6 and it seems we could both help each other in working specific things out.

Please PM me if you want to work on this together.

Thanks!

Rolf

0 Likes