Calculate temperature of the sensor present on the die

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vivekatamantya
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello everyone,

I am working on the PSoC 62S4 pioneer kit (CY8CKIT-062S4). I want to use the temperature sensor present on the die of the MCU IC. Can you please provide me with any details on how to get done with this? I have read that there are two SAR ADC in this MCU and one temperature sensor is present on each SAR ADC, so for that, I have enabled the SAR ADC block but to properly generate the code from the tool, I have enabled min. 1 channel and have to connect the channel to any analog input pin, but according to the datasheet, I have to connect the ADC input to the temperature sensor using SARMUX, so how can I enable the channel in the project and again add the internal temperature sensor connected to the ADC input. Please share your thoughts and suggest how to read the temperature sensor reading.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @vivekatamantya ,

Please check the attached project here for temperature sensor present in the MCU IC.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ncbs

Hi @vivekatamantya ,

I hope you are trying to use the on-board thermistor for temperature measurements. Please check our code example here: PSoC™ 6 MCU: SAR ADC low-power sensing - thermistor and ambient light sensor.

Here, the SAR ADC has 2 differential channels for the thermistor. This can be seen in the block diagram below. SAR ADC, operated in system deep sleep mode, scans the inputs and loads the FIFO. Then, the scanned data is filtered using IIR filter. Finally, the filtered data is used to calculate the temperature.

ncbs_1-1662189365601.png

Regards,
Nikhil

vivekatamantya
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello @ncbs,

No, I am not talking about the onboard thermistor temperature sensor, as this thermistor is provided with the development board, I am talking about the temperature sensor present in the MCU IC. Please refer to the below-attached picture for reference.

vivekatamantya_0-1662263213377.png

vivekatamantya_1-1662263312675.png

Please share your thoughts on how to access this temperature sensor which is present on the die of the MCU IC.

Thank you,
Vivek Karna

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ncbs

Hi @vivekatamantya ,

Please check the attached project here for temperature sensor present in the MCU IC.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes