CY8KIT-064S0S2-4343W Provisioning problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jazkarate
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I am trying to follow the provisioning guide for the CY8KIT-064S0S2-4343W kit and I have encountered a problem that I cannot overcome.

I have followed the instructions on this guide but I can't go beyond the following command:

cysecuretools --policy ./policy/policy_multi_CM0_CM4_tfm.json --target CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W provision-device

This command results on this error:

2021-10-01 15:02:40,950 : C : ERROR : Early Production Units detected, please get earlier version of tools by running 'pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall cysecuretools==2.1.0'. Check the log for details

I have tried to install the 2.1.0 version as it shows on the result, but when I try to run again the first command, I get the following result.

2021-10-01 14:54:39,426 : C : ERROR : 'STATUS_PARTITION' is not one of ['SRAM_DAP', 'FLASH_PC1_SPM', 'FLASH_PC2', 'FLASH_PC3', 'FLASH_PC4', 'FLASH_MAIN_CODE', 'FLASH_MAIN_XO', 'FLASH_MAIN_DATA', 'FLASH_SUPERVISORY', 'FLASH_WORK_SECURE', 'FLASH_WORK', 'SRAM_PC0_PRIV', 'SRAM_PC0_PUB', 'SRAM_SPM_PRIV', 'SRAM_SPM_PUB', 'SRAM_PC1_PRIV', 'SRAM_PC2_PRIV', 'SRAM_PC3_PRIV', 'SRAM_PC4_PRIV', 'SRAM_MAIN', 'SMIF_CODE', 'SMIF_XO', 'SMIF_DATA', 'BOOT', 'UPGRADE']

Failed validating 'enum' in schema['properties']['boot_upgrade']['properties']['firmware']['items']['properties']['resources']['items']['properties']['type']:
{'enum': ['SRAM_DAP',
'FLASH_PC1_SPM',
'FLASH_PC2',
'FLASH_PC3',
'FLASH_PC4',
'FLASH_MAIN_CODE',
'FLASH_MAIN_XO',
'FLASH_MAIN_DATA',
'FLASH_SUPERVISORY',
'FLASH_WORK_SECURE',
'FLASH_WORK',
'SRAM_PC0_PRIV',
'SRAM_PC0_PUB',
'SRAM_SPM_PRIV',
'SRAM_SPM_PUB',
'SRAM_PC1_PRIV',
'SRAM_PC2_PRIV',
'SRAM_PC3_PRIV',
'SRAM_PC4_PRIV',
'SRAM_MAIN',
'SMIF_CODE',
'SMIF_XO',
'SMIF_DATA',
'BOOT',
'UPGRADE'],
'id': 'type',
'required': True,
'type': 'string'}

On instance['boot_upgrade']['firmware'][0]['resources'][3]['type']:
'STATUS_PARTITION'. Check the log for details
2021-10-01 14:54:39,426 : C : ERROR : Policy validation finished with error. Check the log for details

I have tried with different python versions and different OS (Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04) but I had the same result always.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

Jon.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Jon, 

Can you please let us know the source of the device? As you have a pre-production device, we strongly recommend upgrading to a production device. There have been some significant architectural changes which is why it is not backward compatible.

When you downgraded to 2.1.0, can you please confirm if you regenerated the policy files? You will have to start from the init step. If you have already done this, can you please share the cysecuretools logs so that we can better understand the issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Jon, 

Can you please let us know the source of the device? As you have a pre-production device, we strongly recommend upgrading to a production device. There have been some significant architectural changes which is why it is not backward compatible.

When you downgraded to 2.1.0, can you please confirm if you regenerated the policy files? You will have to start from the init step. If you have already done this, can you please share the cysecuretools logs so that we can better understand the issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes