CY8CPROTO-063-BLE - "The selected device does not support USB" (PSoC Creator)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jward2
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am very new to the world of PSoCs and my first exposure is a project I am working on using a CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. I am currently using "retarget I/O" and a UART block to establish communications over USB. However, I am trying to implement USB communications through a USBFS block to take advantage of full USB capabilities. I downloaded the code example CE223368 link here and changed the target device to CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. Upon doing this, I received a clock error stating that "The selected device does not support USB" (see image below) and I am unable to get the required clock frequency and accuracy to 48 MHz, +-0.25%.

Does the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE support using a USBFS block?

jward2_0-1634133573913.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @jward2 ,

The module which you have selected does not support USB functionality. 

Refer https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-6-MCU/CYBLE-416045-02-USB/m-p/170799

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @jward2 ,

The module which you have selected does not support USB functionality. 

Refer https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-6-MCU/CYBLE-416045-02-USB/m-p/170799

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi @AnjanaM_61 ,

That is unfortunate, but thank you for confirming my suspicions. I suppose using a UART block will have to do.

Thank you

James

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

If all you want is to use the USB connector to communicate with PC,

you can use P5[1], P5[0] with UART component.

Something like the attached project.

If I'm missing the point, I'm sorry.

moto

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply @MotooTanaka .

I am currently using a UART component, I was trying to see if this particular PSoC supported full USB functionality (USB 2.0 compatible). Anjana above answered that already and it does not support full USB functionality, so a UART block will have to suffice.

Thanks again 😊