CY8CPROTO-063-BLE and UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoMu_3463411
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For the same app, same settings, on a new board :

UART on P5.1 TX works, P5.0 RX do not work (labeled on the board)

UART on P6.5 TX works, P6.4 RX works

Did I miss something ?

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi

I can confirm that attached project works on my CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. RX/TX works on P5. Checked on 3 boards. So something wrong with your HW.

Could you check:

1. R53, R52 and R12 are soldered on board.

2.  Be sure that you use the latest KitProg FW. In my setup - version 2.0.0. Firmware Version 1.01.158. Hardware Id 03. (PSoC Programmer 3.28.5)
3. Also you can remove R53, R52 and check separately functionality of  KitProg UART bridge (see by scope Rx from KitProg side) and BLE Module UART (connect to some external USB-UART adapter).

Regards,
Nazar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Are you using ModusToolbox or PSoC Creator? Please let us know the version if you are using ModusToolbox.

For ModusToolbox, please send the Device Configurator settings. If you are using PSoC Creator then please provide the snapshot of the UART Component configurations.

This will provide more insight on the issue.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thanks for your message.

I used and modified an Alan Hawse applications using CY8CPROTO-063-BLE : MainController.cydwr on Psoc Creator

App works perfectly if I use UART on P6 but can't receive any data if I use P5

Please take a look to Psoc creator and oscillo snapshots

uart_2.jpguart_1.jpg

uart_3.jpguart_4.jpg

P6(4) UART_P6(4)_Level.png

UART_P5(0)_Level.png

P5(0) for the same data

Thanks for any help   

0 Likes

Hi CoMu_3463411​,

Please check stdio_user.h (in Shared File folder): IO_STDOUT_UART and IO_STDIN_UART shoud have UART_HW.

#define IO_STDOUT_UART      UART_HW

#define IO_STDIN_UART       UART_HW

If you run this Project on newer PDL than it was built, the Creator could propose update config files to newer (stdio_user.h ). So if you apply this update, IO_STDOUT_UART and IO_STDIN_UART will point to some default SCB block.

If IO_STDOUT_UART and IO_STDIN_UART are UART_HW, prease check that UART_HW is SCB#5.

Regards,
Nazar

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.  I checked but... PSoc creator already did the job

uart10.jpg

uart11.jpg

Regards

0 Likes
NazarP_56
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Could you please attach your priject?

Thanks,

Nazar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Here the project.  I strongly suspect a hardware issue but I can't able to confirm that.

Regards

0 Likes

Hi

I can confirm that attached project works on my CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. RX/TX works on P5. Checked on 3 boards. So something wrong with your HW.

Could you check:

1. R53, R52 and R12 are soldered on board.

2.  Be sure that you use the latest KitProg FW. In my setup - version 2.0.0. Firmware Version 1.01.158. Hardware Id 03. (PSoC Programmer 3.28.5)
3. Also you can remove R53, R52 and check separately functionality of  KitProg UART bridge (see by scope Rx from KitProg side) and BLE Module UART (connect to some external USB-UART adapter).

Regards,
Nazar

0 Likes

Thanks for your message.

Point 1 and 2 are ok. I am going to see that with the seller.

Regards

0 Likes