CY8CKIT-062S4(CY8C6244LQI-S4D92) can be programmed with bsp setted with CY8C6244AZI-S4D93

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
riccardo-monty
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 replies posted First like received

Hi, I'd like to know is it right?

When I change bsp mcu target, from default CY8C6244LQI-S4D92 to CY8C6244AZI-S4D93, I can program the kit successfully.

I was expected an error from programmer tool. I'm using ModusToolbox 3.0.

In .hex file how can I check there is right metadata?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @riccardo-monty ,

We discussed this with our internal team, who told us this is normal and expected. All programming tools behave in this way. The programming file (elf, hex) does not contain any information about the kit so as long as the addresses of data segments in the programming file match the flash regions in the device – the chip will be programmed successfully.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Gautami_12

Hi @riccardo-monty ,

Can you please try to program the same board with the cypress programmer (after changing it to CY8C6244AZI-S4D93) and check if you are able to program it?

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

Thanks for reply.

I tried and also cypress programmer was able to program successfully.

I attach the cypress programmer log and a couple of .hex files, build from "Hello world" example, one with 6244LQI-SD92 and other with 6244AZI-SD93.

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @riccardo-monty ,

We discussed this with our internal team, who told us this is normal and expected. All programming tools behave in this way. The programming file (elf, hex) does not contain any information about the kit so as long as the addresses of data segments in the programming file match the flash regions in the device – the chip will be programmed successfully.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes