CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT | Not being detected.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrGa_4700211
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi,

I got a new CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT. When I try to program it using the PSOC creator. It is not being listed under the targets.

pastedImage_0.png

What would have been the issue. I am using PSOC Creator 4.2. First thing is I wanted to rule out the issues present on board if any. Kindly help me with this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Rakshith,

I have opened PSOC Programmer and has clicked on Update Firmware. Later the PSOC was getting detected in the PSOC creator. I am assuming this would have updated the programmer firmware. Please let me know if you are aware of these.

I have one more question. What should be the state of the device before I remove the USB cable connection?

pastedImage_0.png.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi PrGa_4700211​,

Can you please check the following things -

1. VDD Select Switch SW5 should be in the middle position (3.3V)
  2. Switch SW7 (back of the Kit) should be VDDD/KitProg2
  3. Power monitor jumper J8 needs to be connected.
  4. KitProg3 mode should be in BULK mode.
  5. USB cable needs to be connected to J10 and not J28

You can refer to the Kit Guide for information regarding these switches/jumpers. Please let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

I have opened PSOC Programmer and has clicked on Update Firmware. Later the PSOC was getting detected in the PSOC creator. I am assuming this would have updated the programmer firmware. Please let me know if you are aware of these.

I have one more question. What should be the state of the device before I remove the USB cable connection?

pastedImage_0.png.

0 Likes

Hi PrGa_4700211​,

I am assuming this would have updated the programmer firmware.

Yes. The Upgrade Firmware upgrades the firmware of the KitProg3 (onboard programmer/debugger) of the Kit.

What should be the state of the device before I remove the USB cable connection?

I am sorry but I do not think I understand the question. By state are you referring to the KitProg3 mode?

From the figure, I could infer the following -

1. The Kit is not connected or PSoC Programmer is unable to detect the Kit. In that case, the Upgrade Firmware will be greyed out.

2. PSoC Programmer is throwing a Hex file parsing error. Can you please confirm if you have selected the right PSoC Creator project hex file?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

I have posted the above image for reference saying that I have used the programmer to update the firmware. Yes it is greyed out because I have took the screenshot after disconnecting the device.

I was able to upload the program to the device using the PSOC creator. I am assuming that I can vomit the hex file error. Please confirm.

What should be the state of the device before I remove the USB cable connection?

Can I keep the USB cable connected to the board from the PC through out the day. Does it cause any problems? Will it damage the board?

0 Likes

Hi PrGa_4700211​,

I was able to upload the program to the device using the PSOC creator. I am assuming that I can vomit the hex file error. Please confirm.

PSoC Creator also uses an interface similar to PSoC Programmer to communicate with the device. If the right hex file is used PSoC Programmer should still be able to program the device. But yes, to just program and debug the device you can just use PSoC Creator and you do not need PSoC Programmer.

Can I keep the USB cable connected to the board from the PC through out the day. Does it cause any problems? Will it damage the board?

We have had user who perform rigorous tests which requires the device to be powered on for continuous days. So, as long as the supply ratings are maintained according to the datasheet value there should not be any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Sure.

I don't have any instruments to measure. Is there any way where I can check that the current drawn is with in the limits?

0 Likes

Although the Kit provides a current measurement jumper, according to me you will need a multimeter or an ammeter to measure the current that is consumed by the device. But if you know the current consumed by each of the peripherals and if it is within range then it should not cause any issues.

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes