CY8CKIT-062-BLE programs and then nothing. HW IO pin to LED doesn't even light.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiFl_1166056
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Has anyone seen this?  I've been using the PSoC 5LP for a few years now, but I can't get this PSoC 6 dev kit to do anything.

I have two PCoC 6 BLE Pioneer kits (CY8CKIT-062-BLE revB) that both behave exactly the same way.  I can't get any of the example programs, or my own program, to work at all.  The onboard KitProg says it programmed the PSoC6 (amber and green LEDs are on), but then nothing happens.  Bus voltages look good (3.3V). 

I tried to do the simplest thing possible, so I started a new project, targeting this board, with a blank schematic.  I added 3 IO pins (one for each color of the RGB LED), confirmed they are set to string-drive, and tied them to logic-low.  Nothing lights up.  The IO pins are floating.  CM0_Main and CM4_Main are default/empty.

Could it be stuck in reset?  The reset pin on the button on the board is acting correctly (pulled-up, goes low when pressed).

I'm stumped.

Thanks,

-Will

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Can the following discussions be some help?

PSoC 6 101 LED problem

Re: Why will my PSoC 6 not output example programs.

moto

P.S. Edited, the newest discussion 101 LED problem added.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Will,

Please connect the development kit to the PC and open the PSoC programmer application. Please download it from here:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-programmer-archive

Once connected, you will see the Kitprog enumerates as shown in the below image:

programmer.PNG

If not, please press the mode select switch on the development kit until you see the Kitprog2/3 in the PSoC programmer. The mode select switch switches the kitprog2/3 in different modes.

Please ensure that jumpers are present in place on the kit. Also ensure that the switches SW6 and SW7 (present at the back side of the kit) are kept at position 1,5.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello WIll,

You will need kit revision Rev *C and above to work with ModusToolbox or newer PDL revisions. We will be contacting you soon via email to provide you a replacement.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

Can I select an older version of PDL in PSoC Creator that will work with this hardware? 

If so, what was the last version compatible with hardware rev B?

I will reply to your email also.

Thanks,

-Will

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Can the following discussions be some help?

PSoC 6 101 LED problem

Re: Why will my PSoC 6 not output example programs.

moto

P.S. Edited, the newest discussion 101 LED problem added.

0 Likes

The compatibility table I have, states that Rev B is compatible with PDL "3.0.1 or greater", however the newer versions of the table show that Rev B is compatible with ONLY 3.0.1, not anything greater.  Since I had updated my PDL to the latest version (PDL 3.1.3), it didn't work.

I followed Moto's instructions in the discussions at the links he provided, and was able to change back to PDL 3.0.1.  Now my Rev B dev kit is working again.

The brief instruction is this:

Change Single Project:

Open the project's Build Settings, then select Peripheral Driver Library, then click the button for "Custom".

Select the PDL folder you want to use.  It will (probably) be in the same parent directory as the Default PDL.

Change Default:

From the main PSOC Creator window, select Tools -> Options -> Project Management

Set the PDL directory location for PSoC 6 devices.