CY8CKIT-062-BLE - Quick Start Issue (Step 4)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new using Cypress products, today I received the kit CY8CKIT-062-BLE and I tried to run "quick start guide". I found the following issue: When the kit is started and I try to connect some device, it inmediately disconnects and the kit seems stay locked. See attached video CY8CKIT-062-BLE - Issue when run Quick Start Guide (Step 4) - YouTube for details.

I hope you can help me to find what is wrong. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Gustavo,

Can you provide your kit's serial and revision number? This is printed on a sticker on the backside of your kit, bottom-left corner.

Based on this, we will try to reproduce the issue at our end and see if it's a hardware or a firmware issue.

Also, please confirm if you're using the PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2​ version.

Regards,

Arvind

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for pointing this out. We've observed this issue occurring with some iOS devices but not on Android and believe we have a fix in the BLE PDL. We are planning to roll out a new version of the code examples in the coming week.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Arvi,

Thank you for your support, I have tried it on different devices (tablets and phones Android and iOS), always arise this issue.

Do you think the kit has been damaged?

0 Likes

Hi Gustavo,

Can you provide your kit's serial and revision number? This is printed on a sticker on the backside of your kit, bottom-left corner.

Based on this, we will try to reproduce the issue at our end and see if it's a hardware or a firmware issue.

Also, please confirm if you're using the PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2​ version.

Regards,

Arvind

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Arvind,

Finally, the source of failure was an older version of PSoC Creator installed on PC, I think this trigger an error on device driver "Cypress KitProg2" that caused the device locked.

Installing PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 the issue is solved. Also, I have checked it in "standalone mode" (not connected to PC) the Kit working.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Gustavo

0 Likes