CY8CKIT-062-BLE Problem with Code Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WolfgangCS
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First solution authored

I have a Cypress PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-062-BLE and am having trouble running an example programs on the PSoC.

I have the latest PSoC Creator (V4.4) installed, I just created a new example project in PSoC Creator of the DualCoreBlinky application and compiled an ran it. It compiles just fine, and seems to program just fine, but nothing happens on the board (no blinking LED). I confirmed that the KitProg light blinks momentarily while it is uploading the firmware so it seems that the board is responding. No noticeable errors or warnings in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes
1 Solution
WolfgangCS
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,
I solved the problem by installing PDL version 3.0.1 and building the firmware like this.
To select which version of PDL to use for building you can go to PSoC Creator->Tools->Options... and from there in Project Managment select the right folder (i.e. 3.0.1) in PDL v3 (PSoC 6 devices) location.
From this link you can download the various versions of the PDL: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/software/software-archive/peripheral-driver-library-p...

@LeoMathews Thank you very much indeed for the support, without your help I would not have known that a different version of PDL needs to be installed. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @WolfgangCS 

Can you please verify whether the pins associated with the LEDs on the kit are correctly provided in the Pins section in Design Wide resources? Also can please try pressing the reset switch in the kit after programming and observe whether the LED is blinking?

Also please make sure the kit is in default configuration.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

Hello @LeoMathews and thanks for the answer.
The settings in the Pins section in Design Wide resources are these:

WolfgangCS_0-1689663592912.png

The program build and compile without errors, after I program the firmware the board looks like this way:
IMG_5587.jpgIMG_5588.jpg

Even if I press the Reset button (SW1 RST) nothing happens and no LED blinks.
How can I make sure the kit is in default configuration?
Looking for more information on the internet, I found that other people also have the same problem as me and that some have solved it "simply" by using PSoC Creator 4.2 instead of the 4.4 version.

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @WolfgangCS 

Please refer to the CY8CKIT-062-BLE PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit Guide to check whether the kit is in default configuration. Make sure the j8 jumper is in place at the back side of the kit.  I have used PSoC Creator 4.4 with the same code example which is working fine from my end. 

Also can you share the entire console message while building?

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

WolfgangCS
Level 3
Level 3

The jumper has never been touched and is currently engaged.
I attach the entire console message after building and program.

--------------- Build Started: 07/18/2023 11:28:51 Project: CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Release ---------------
cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath "C:\Users\testing\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.4" -.fdsnotice -.fdswarpdepfile=warp_dependencies.txt -.fdselabdepfile=elab_dependencies.txt -.fdsbldfile=generated_files.txt -.fdsreffile=referenced_files.txt -p "C:\Users\testing\Documents\PSoC Creator\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01.cydsn\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01.cyprj" -d CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 -s "C:\Users\testing\Documents\PSoC Creator\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC6" -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v3 -.fftcfgtype=LE
Elaborating Design...
HDL Generation...
Synthesis...
Tech Mapping...
Analog Placement...
Analog Routing...
Analog Code Generation...
Digital Placement...
Digital Routing...
Bitstream Generation...
Bitstream Verification...
Static timing analysis...
API Generation...
Dependency Generation...
Cleanup...
The compile step is up to date, no work needs to be done.
The link step is up to date, no work needs to be done.
The compile step is up to date, no work needs to be done.
The link step is up to date, no work needs to be done.
--------------- Build Succeeded: 07/18/2023 11:29:11 ---------------
Programming device 'PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 (CM4)' with file 'C:\Users\testing\Documents\PSoC Creator\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Release\CE216795_DualCoreBlinky01.hex'.
Device ID Check
Erasing of Main Flash...
Programming of Flash Starting...
Protecting...
Verify Checksum...
Finished Programming
Device 'PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 (CM4)' was successfully programmed at 07/18/2023 11:29:39.

If it helps, my installation configuration is as follows:

Environment:
PSoC Creator 4.4 (4.4.0.80)
Culture: Italian (Italy)
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19045.0
CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000

Installed CyInstaller Products:
Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.3
Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.6
PSoC Programmer 3.29.5
PSoC Creator 4.4

0 Likes
WolfgangCS
Level 3
Level 3

I try the same thing using PSoC Creator 4.2 but it doesn't work too

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @WolfgangCS 

Can you please provide the hex file generated after building the code example? So that I can check with my kit.

Is this issue is occurring on multiple CY8CKIT-062 kits?Can you please verify the LEDs are functional by running a basic LED blink code on the device?

Also please look at the PDL compatibility with different silicon revisions as shown in the table:

LeoMathews_0-1690178094184.png

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
WolfgangCS
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @LeoMathews,
Unfortunately, I only have only one kit CY8CKIT-062 on which to perform these tests.
The revision of my kit is the *B, so from the table you sent me I see that I should use PDL version 3.0.1 (I have installed 3.1.3 and 3.1.6 versions) however I can't find on the Cypress Infineon site a place to download it.
Attached I am sending the hex file generated after building and a video of the board LEDs during building.
Thanks for the help

0 Likes
WolfgangCS
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,
I solved the problem by installing PDL version 3.0.1 and building the firmware like this.
To select which version of PDL to use for building you can go to PSoC Creator->Tools->Options... and from there in Project Managment select the right folder (i.e. 3.0.1) in PDL v3 (PSoC 6 devices) location.
From this link you can download the various versions of the PDL: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/software/software-archive/peripheral-driver-library-p...

@LeoMathews Thank you very much indeed for the support, without your help I would not have known that a different version of PDL needs to be installed. 

0 Likes