Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

remusmp
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I made a testing firmware that blinks an LED, which runs fine on my development board CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 but not on my custom board, which seems not to run the firmware at all. The MCU revision is slightly different (read by the programmer).

Development board:
Detected device PN: CY8C624ABZI-S2D44 SiliconID: E453 Revision: 12 FamilyID: 102 DIE: PSoC6A2M (read by the programmer)
CY8C624ABZI-S2D44ES2 (written on chip)

Custom board:
Detected device PN: CY8C624ABZI-D44 SiliconID: E402 Revision: 11 FamilyID: 102 DIE: PSoC6A2M (read by the programmer)
CY8C624ABZI-S2D44A0 (written on chip)

I see that the chip revision is different (Rev 12 on dev board and rev 11 on my board). Are there any firmware considerations I need to take into account between these 2 revisions or should the same firmware just work on both of them?

Are there any hardware considerations I need to take into account between these 2 revisions?

UPDATE: dev board has WCO but our board doesn't. What changes do I need to make to disable the WCO? I found #define CY_CFG_SYSCLK_WCO_ENABLED 1 in cycfg_system.c but commenting it out breaks the firmware on the dev kit as well.

Many thanks,
Remus.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_JC
Moderator 250 sign-ins 25 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @remusmp,

>> There are no firmware recommendations you have to take care of these two revisions of the chip. Please, ensure that while designing the custom board you are following all the hardware design considerations given in the following document:

"PSoC 6 MCU Hardware Design Considerations"

>> For disabling the WCO you have to go to Device Configurator > System > WCO (disable). (Please, also disable all the dependent components on WCO in the device configurator)

Raj_JC_0-1657003234029.png

Please, let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Raj_JC
Moderator 250 sign-ins 25 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @remusmp,

>> There are no firmware recommendations you have to take care of these two revisions of the chip. Please, ensure that while designing the custom board you are following all the hardware design considerations given in the following document:

"PSoC 6 MCU Hardware Design Considerations"

>> For disabling the WCO you have to go to Device Configurator > System > WCO (disable). (Please, also disable all the dependent components on WCO in the device configurator)

Raj_JC_0-1657003234029.png

Please, let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes