CY8C624ABZI-D44 General Inquiry

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiWi_4702256
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins Welcome! 5 solutions authored

@RakshithM_16

@LePo_1062026 Expert

Per our previous discussion: PSOC6: CY8C6247BZI-D54 Pin out

-->The decision was made to use the PSOC 6 MCU CY8C624ABZI-D44 Instead of the CY8C6247BZI-D44. Thank you for your help in helping me persuade my customer to take that huge improvement now instead of later.

Overview:

I received the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT PROTOTYPING KIT. This kit contains a CY8C624ABZI-S2D44ES2 1943 B 33 CYP 636440 W3A633

1. Is this the latest chip with latest firmware?

Development:

2. I am not able to load the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W kit with wiced IDE, having read forums its my understanding that only modustoolbox may be used. Is that correct?

3. From reading the forums it appears that mbed is preferred and recommended for AWS IoT. Is that correct?

4. If 3. is correct, Then does Cypress recommend and provide a cypress-mbed like they do a cypress-freertos?

5. If available, which cypress provided mbed-application(s) is recommended to use as a base for my AWS IOT development? I need mqtt, tls, tcpip, and stuff I dont know I need 😕

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

William,

I received the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT PROTOTYPING KIT. This kit contains a CY8C624ABZI-S2D44ES2 1943 B 33 CYP 636440 W3A633

1. Is this the latest chip with latest firmware?

The firmware for the CY8C624ABZI-S2D44ES2 is loaded by you.   Therefore, the latest firmware drivers are available on the Cypress site.  All other application code used for firmware is created by you.

2. I am not able to load the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W kit with wiced IDE, having read forums its my understanding that only modustoolbox may be used. Is that correct?

That is my understanding also.

3. From reading the forums it appears that mbed is preferred and recommended for AWS IoT. Is that correct?

I'm not an expert about that.  I believe both ARM's mBed and Amazon's FreeRTOS are real-time OSs available for this platform.

4. If 3. is correct, Then does Cypress recommend and provide a cypress-mbed like they do a cypress-freertos?

Cypress would have to weight in on that.

5. If available, which cypress provided mbed-application(s) is recommended to use as a base for my AWS IOT development? I need mqtt, tls, tcpip, and stuff I dont know I need

Here are some forum sites that might be helpful.

Software Forums

ModusToolbox

ModusToolbox Bluetooth SDK

ModusToolbox AWS IoT SDK

ModusToolbox Mbed SDK

ModusToolbox PSoC 6 SDK

ModusToolbox AnyCloud SDK

PSoC Creator & Designer Software

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

WICED Studio Bluetooth

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Wi-Fi Bluetooth for Linux