CY8C6244AZI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
enoken
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Please tell me how to use the development tool "modustoolbox".

I would like to use the microcontroller PSoC6 model number "CY8C6244AZI-S4D93", but I do not know how to select it in "modustoolbox".

0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @enoken ,

In order to use "CY8C6244AZI-S4D93" based PSoC6 device, you have to make a custom BSP(Board Supporting Package). The BSP is at the core of the ModusToolbox software. We provide a BSP for each of our kits. 

A BSP includes (among other things):

• Linker scripts and startup code for the part on the kit
  • A configuration file (default name design.modus) that sets up clocks, peripherals, and pins
  • Files that add libraries required to support the board

For a custom BSP, these elements must be adjusted for your hardware. There is a Knowledge Based Article explaining how to accomplish this goal.

For ModusToolBox 2.4 follow: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/ModusToolbox-2-2-and-later-Make-a-Custom-B...

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks

Sobhit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @enoken ,

In order to use "CY8C6244AZI-S4D93" based PSoC6 device, you have to make a custom BSP(Board Supporting Package). The BSP is at the core of the ModusToolbox software. We provide a BSP for each of our kits. 

A BSP includes (among other things):

• Linker scripts and startup code for the part on the kit
  • A configuration file (default name design.modus) that sets up clocks, peripherals, and pins
  • Files that add libraries required to support the board

For a custom BSP, these elements must be adjusted for your hardware. There is a Knowledge Based Article explaining how to accomplish this goal.

For ModusToolBox 2.4 follow: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/ModusToolbox-2-2-and-later-Make-a-Custom-B...

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks

Sobhit

0 Likes