CY8C6244AZI-S4D93 DAC connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Oliver_Choe
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi 

I made custom BSP for CY8C6244AZI-S4D93.

I was trying to add DAC configuration using MTB but I think there are some problem with connection verification.

According to below diagram, direct output of DAC is able to connect with pin 6 of CTB port.

In this IC, CTB port is port 9 and pin 6 is not available.

so the other way to make output path of DAC is using buffer.

Oliver_Choe_1-1653265218552.png

as you can see in following picture. When I set DAC output as buffered output, there is only one option that I could choose to use as DAC output path is v plus of opamp0.

but the indicator always shows me yellow light even I tried every other combination of connections.

of course I tried it after disabled all other peripherals even the debugging port. 

Oliver_Choe_0-1653265144559.png

could you check this point?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Oliver_Choe 

The yellow colour indicates that the connection is valid and requires the analog fabric for routing to be done. You may proceed ahead and use this connection.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ncbs

Hi @Oliver_Choe,

You are referring to the incorrect document. Please refer to the Architecture TRM of PSoC 62x4 devices here. The CTDAC-CTBm diagram is as follows:

ncbs_0-1653545475316.png

You may access the Vdacout signal at P9.2 pin by configuring the opamp as voltage follower (i.e., buffered output).

Best regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
Oliver_Choe
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi 

thank you for your answer.

But what I really want to know is,

Why the indicator always show me yellow light when I was trying to configure DAC in device configurator of MTB.

As you said, I set the DAC as buffered output, in drop box of the buffered output has only one option. 

but it always show me yellow light like as the second photo that I uploaded.

could you check it again?

thanks,

Oliver

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @Oliver_Choe 

The yellow colour indicates that the connection is valid and requires the analog fabric for routing to be done. You may proceed ahead and use this connection.

Regards,
Nikhil