Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DoMc_1557901
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I have successfully ported this code example into modus toolbox 2.1 for CY8CKIT-062-BLE, modified it to report DegC for config 0 instead of mV for both channels, and it reports both ambient and die temperatures correctly.

However, when I switch device to CY8CPROTO-062-4343W the ambient temperature is correct but the die temperature is 284 DegC - I guess this is not correct otherwise the MCU would be fried and falling of the PCB 😉

If, using the device configurator, I change the SAR default VRef Select from VDD to Internal reference (from AREF resource), now the die temperature is correct (around 26 DegC when cold - increasing to 29 DegC) and the ambient temperature is always reported as 25.0000 DegC.

I thought I had come across a discussion a month or so ago in which this behaviour was explained as being due to CY8CPROTO-062-4343W being a prototype and therefore the SAR ADC was only configured on power on. I can no longer find any discussion that makes reference to this behaviour so I'm wondering if my recollection is wrong.

Can anyone clarify if it is possible to implement the functionality of CE220974 on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Varsanth,

Had another look at this and found that I had not unchecked the Vref Bypass selection.

Apologies.

Example is now working on CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Douglas,

Could you please let us know how you have set up the project and connections to the die temp component ?  Are you controlling it in firmware ? Additionally how are you measuring the ambient temperature ? Could you please let me know whether the PSoC62 BLE kit project had the exact same settings with respect to reference in both temperature measurements?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Hi Varsanth,

Had another look at this and found that I had not unchecked the Vref Bypass selection.

Apologies.

Example is now working on CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

0 Likes