CE220960 The program stopped at "apiResult = Cy_BLE_StackInit(&stackInitParam);" BOOT OTA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JohnDavid
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello community,

I am working with the CYBLE-416045-02 chip (with CY8CPROTO-063-BLE KIT). I am uisng PSoC Creator 4.4 and PDL verion 3.1.5, so I builded the CE220960 project (example about DFU implementation with BLE OTA device) and it has a performance great. But now I am trying to implement my own user app (with freeRTOS) to replace the App2 in this project. Therefore I modified the post_build*.bat files to include my project, I modified the flash assignation to the app2_core0 and app2_core1, I modified the path from the PDL version (3.1.5), I added all the files and setup needed... And so the whole project build succesful (App0, App1, myUserApp).

But in the bluetooth task, when I use the Cy_BLE_Start(StackEventHandler) function, the programm is stopped (all tasks in freeRTOS are blocked). I tracked the issue down to the function Cy_BLE_StackInit(&stackInitParam); [Cy_BLE_Start-> Cy_BLE_Enable-> Cy_BLE_StackInit]. Without the BLE task, the rest of the program works ok.

Can someone help me out? Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

David.

JohnDavid_0-1642001437460.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @PratikshaV ,  thanks for your reply.

I already found the issue. It was a dummy trouble, I forgot to implement the "Cy_SysInt_SetVector(BLE_bless_isr_cfg.intrSrc, &Cy_BLE_BlessInterrupt)" function. Once this function is correctly implemented, the program worked so great.

Thank you so much for your support.

David.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @JohnDavid 

1)Please can you refer the application note on PSoC 6 MCU Device Firmware Update.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385706/download

2)Please refer code examples for freeRTOS :

1)CE218137 – PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity: BLE with Proximity(RTOS) 

2)CE218138 – PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity: BLE Thermometer (RTOS)

Please let me know if this helps if not can you share your project where you are facing this issue so that we can reproduce it at our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratiksha V

0 Likes

Hi @PratikshaV , thanks for your reply.

I refered to this notes (I read the whole document and the guide of the example CE220960) and reviewed this RTOS examples, and so I verifyed the setup is correct in my project, but the BLE component is not work. I don't understand.
when I remove BLE task, I have great performance and updatable app. I have tried many things without success.

Any idea?
Thanks.

David.

0 Likes
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @JohnDavid ,

Please can you share your project where you are facing this issue so that we can reproduce it at our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratiksha V

0 Likes

Hi @PratikshaV ,  thanks for your reply.

I already found the issue. It was a dummy trouble, I forgot to implement the "Cy_SysInt_SetVector(BLE_bless_isr_cfg.intrSrc, &Cy_BLE_BlessInterrupt)" function. Once this function is correctly implemented, the program worked so great.

Thank you so much for your support.

David.

0 Likes