Bootloader validation flow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BiM_4640481
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am using Toshiba NAND flash with CY8CKIT-062S2-43012. I am using this flash for OTA using HTTP with the sample application. The bin file is downloaded to NAND flash. The download is successful. After the download the board reboots and reads magic number, swap_type, image_ok flag and copy_done flag. The function boot_write_copy_done() is supposed to write the copy_done flag. Can you tell me where is it getting called in the flow?

Reboot happens after OTA and then it results in following error:

[ERR] ********No bootable image in slot

Please find the attached screen shot

Should I update any variable in the code, so that the bootloader should look for image in the Toshiba NAND flash instead of the default QSPI NOR flash?

Also please tell me the steps carried out during validation of image in secondary slot. Do you have any documents or links regarding this?

Any information will be of great help.

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes
1 Solution

While waiting for your reply, I went through the following link related to mcuboot. 

https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Connect_SDK/doc/latest/mcuboot/design.html

If you have any other document please let me know

• The error "No bootable image in slot" was beacuse of the corruption happened while writing to Toshiba flash. This is solved now.

Thanks,

Binsy M S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

We need some time to debug your questions.

0 Likes

While waiting for your reply, I went through the following link related to mcuboot. 

https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Connect_SDK/doc/latest/mcuboot/design.html

If you have any other document please let me know

• The error "No bootable image in slot" was beacuse of the corruption happened while writing to Toshiba flash. This is solved now.

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes