Ble notifications wrong sequence error in wireshark

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
vkcl
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I am using the psoc 6 dev board to stream timestamped data over ble at frequencies between 100hz - 1khz using notifications. The data is being received by a windows pc. The data is 504 bytes of sensor readings. 

I am trying to debug the reason for large spikes in the timestamp data ( 200 ms - 1000ms). These spikes show up at all of the data capture frequencies mentioned above.

I tried out wireshark to sniff the ble data.  The points where the spike occurs always has an error message about a wrong "sequence number". I have attached the log message screenshot. What might be going wrong? Any direction would be really helpful !

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi Vish,

I understand the issue. 

But I would like to know the implementation of the app on the PSoC side. If there is any issue on the PSoC application, we will be able to help you. If you have access to our case system, I would prefer you to create a SFDC case.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

May I know which application are you using? If possible please share the code with us, to test it at our side.

Could you please elaborate what you meant by large spikes? Does it mean, the PSoC sends more than 504 bytes of data to windows PC ? 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
vkcl
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

On the windows side it is a custom c++ app using a 3rd party ble api.

A large spikes denotes the event when the time stamp delta is larger than the sensor's sampling rate.

For example at 1khz the expected time difference between samples is ~1000 micro seconds, but occasionally the delta will be very large (even 1e6 or 1 second at times). I have added an image for clarity.

Can I share the project to you privately?

Thanks,

Vish

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi Vish,

I understand the issue. 

But I would like to know the implementation of the app on the PSoC side. If there is any issue on the PSoC application, we will be able to help you. If you have access to our case system, I would prefer you to create a SFDC case.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes