BLESS library missing in MTB 3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiBu_4687336
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi.

I'm updating my project from MTB 2.4 to MTB 3.0. The library manager no longer shows an option to install the BLESS library. What happened?

-Nick

1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

In MTB, new AIROC BT Stack will be supported. Legacy stack will be discontinued, and this stack will be supported only with PSoC Creator.

In MTB 3.0, BLESS library is removed from the library manager. You have to use the new AIROC BT Stack.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
NiBu_4687336
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Update - I followed the procedure outlined in the Migration Guide, and the BLESS library info was copied over from my original project, but the Library Manager insists that it "may not be compatible with the BSP you selected," which is worrying, given that it's a new BSP created with the help of the BSP Assistant.

What is the story on BLESS? Is it going away? Is it gone already? Will we have to write off the tens of thousands of dollars we've invested in developing code that depends on it?

-Nick

0 Likes
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, 

I have also the same issue, is it possible to have more informations from Infineon team ?

Thank you for your support,

Regards

0 Likes
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4

Up the topic and cross fingers to have informations about this 🙂

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello, 

In MTB, new AIROC BT Stack will be supported. Legacy stack will be discontinued, and this stack will be supported only with PSoC Creator.

In MTB 3.0, BLESS library is removed from the library manager. You have to use the new AIROC BT Stack.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Yugandhar ,

Thank you for your feedback. So I have to rewrite all bluetooth part of code.... Could you please confirm that mtb3.0 and airoc bt stack is fully working for PSOC6 (from pioneer board) now and i can use it for production ? 

Is there any porting guide from bless to airoc ?

Regards,

0 Likes
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Yugandhar ,

Do you have any news on this topic ?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello, 

It is not fully ready so we cannot recommend for production now.

Currently we don't have the porting guide. We have a plan for the porting guide. 

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes

Hi @Yugandhar 

So, to be clear, the recommended configuration is MTB2.4 and bless for PSOC6 Ble applications ?

Thank you for your support,

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello, 

We won't recommend using the bless with MTB 2.4. You can use the PSoC Creator and not MTB IDE. It is recommended to use only AIROC BT STACK in MTB.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes
PSOC6_dev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Yugandhar 

Thank you for your feedback. Could you please provide code samples and documentation about AIROC BT STACK for CY8CKIT-062-BLE pionner.

Each time in the documentations is written that this kit is not supported ?

Regards,

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

@Yugandhar Many of us built products using MTB and BLESS because only MTB was supported for some part features. We were also told that Creator was dying and we should not start new products with it. Now you are saying that will not be recommended anymore? I am shocked! 

This suggests there is a plan to make it feasible: https://github.com/Infineon/btstack-integration  But at first glance it does not provide a viable path for anyone who coded against BLESS 3.6 to work with the new API.  I realize the documentation may not be ready yet. But can someone please at least explain the roadmap and schedule before we panic about being stuck on a dead API and Toolset?

Specifically, my concern is for using Bluetooth on the CYBLE-416045-02

Yugandhar

Hello @Panometric ,

You can refer to the BTStack library from the below GitHub links.
https://github.com/Infineon/btstack

We have 'BTSTACK Hello Sensor' code example available on new AIROC BTSTACK. Please you can refer for your applications.

Thanks, 

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes
syakilazop
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted Welcome!

I have also the same issueroblox tutorials get-mobdrovip.com