BLE tx output power control in HCI mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LeRu_2309541
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working on a project, in which we are using PSoC 63 built-in BLE radio in a "BLE controller only (HCI over UART)" mode. Is there a way we could control chip TX output power in this mode?

When I try to use Cy_BLE_SetTxPowerLevel() function I get "undefined reference to `Cy_BLE_SetTxPowerLevel'" link error.

Thanks,

Leszek

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

There is a vendor HCI command to set TX power. Please refer to attached document for more details.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

There is a vendor HCI command to set TX power. Please refer to attached document for more details.

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need.

0 Likes

Hello,

I have a set of follow-up questions.

What exactly 'channel ID' in this command refer to?  Physical channel, L2CAP CID or LE physical channels (as in point 3.2.3 of BT Spec V5.0, Vol 1 Part A) ?

How channel ID relates to the connection handle field in the command? Do I have to use both arguments to set power level (my understanding is, that connection handle already identifies uniquely a particular connection)? What in the case of advertising channels/packets?

Is there a way to set 'default' power level to be used for all, current or future connections?

How sending of this command relates to the TX power adaptation procedure specified for the BT Link Manager layer?

Thanks,

Leszek

0 Likes
  • The channel ID refers to the channel group ID. It is 0x00 for ADV channel and 0x01 for connection channels.
  • Connection handle is applicable if the channel ID is connection channel type. For Adv and DTM, it is ignored.
  • We cannot set 'default' power level to be used for all, current or future connections.
  • HCI_VENDOR_SET_TX_PWR is a vendor command. So, it is not related to the BT power control procedure.
0 Likes