BLE HID Keyboard keystroke repeat delay setting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_1539621
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I'm using a CYBLE-416045 and I'm sending keystrokes from a custom keyboard to devices.

I am using the SendKeystroke() that I copied from the hids.c in the CY8CPROTO-063 demo board.

The keys keep sticking, not because the switch is stuck but because the BLE HID Report requires you to send a cancel keyboard_data = {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}. That Send runs into a CyBle_GattGetBusyStatus() == 0x1, so the cancel Report doesn't get sent and the Repeat Delay on the keyboard setting somewhere times out as if the key is stuck in the down position.

Is there a way to set the keyboard repeat-delay setting to off, or to disable down-key repeat? My keyboard will never need the hold-down repeat function.

In the mean time I'm desperately sending multiple cancel requests, but that can't be the right solution.

if(protocol == CY_BLE_HIDS_PROTOCOL_MODE_BOOT)
{
    apiResult = Cy_BLE_HIDSS_SendNotification(connHandle, CY_BLE_HUMAN_INTERFACE_DEVICE_SERVICE_INDEX,
                                              CY_BLE_HIDS_BOOT_KYBRD_IN_REP, KEYBOARD_DATA_SIZE,
                                              keyboard_data);
}
else
{
    apiResult = Cy_BLE_HIDSS_SendNotification(connHandle, CY_BLE_HUMAN_INTERFACE_DEVICE_SERVICE_INDEX,
                                              CY_BLE_HUMAN_INTERFACE_DEVICE_REPORT_IN, KEYBOARD_DATA_SIZE,
                                              keyboard_data);
}
cancelRepeatResult = Cy_BLE_HIDSS_SendNotification(connHandle, CY_BLE_HUMAN_INTERFACE_DEVICE_SERVICE_INDEX,
                                              cancel_repeat_data);
int retries = 0;
while(cancelRepeatResult > 0 && retries < BLE_RETRY_COUNT){
    retries +=1;
    cancelRepeatResult = Cy_BLE_HIDSS_SendNotification(connHandle, CY_BLE_HUMAN_INTERFACE_DEVICE_SERVICE_INDEX,
                                              cancel_repeat_data);
    DBG_PRINTF_LINE("cancelRepeatResult == 0x%X", cancelRepeatResult);
    Cy_SysLib_Delay(BLE_RETRY_DELAY_TICKS);

}

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

Could you please share your project which you modified, I will check at my end.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
P Yugandhar

0 Likes