Application on PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit does not start

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hefrc_3803246
Level 2
Level 2

On PSoC 6BLE Pioneer Kit device was successfully programmed (using sample Project CE220331) with PSoC Creator 4.2 but the application does not start.

I think the problem comes up because I was playing with the mode switches SW3 and SW4 on the kit.

Now it seems to be the situation that the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit can not set back into Custom App Mode.

I have followed the instructions from KitProg2 User Guide (Fig. 1-3 b) but no way to find back to custom app. Mode.

There is no reaction when pressing SW1 (RST) or SW2.

Could you please suggest the procedure to bring the kit back in custom app mode.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please look at the PDL compatibility with different silicon revisions as shown in the table:

product_page.PNG

As seen from one of the logs, you have *A revision of the kit and hence will not work on PDL3.1.0. If you want to use the latest PDL, you will need a replacement.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
29 Replies
LiDo_2439176
Level 5
Level 5
First question asked 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,

I think there is a misunderstanding in here. Custom application is a PSoC 5LP application. It runs on KitProg2. When custom application is running, you cannot program or debug PSoC 6 MCU. To programm or debug PSOC 6 MCU , KitProg2 must be in programming mode (KitProg2 or CMSIS-DAP). Sample Project CE220331 is not a custom application in terms of KitProg2. Debug your PSoC 6 MCU project to fix program errors.

If for some reason you cannot enter KitProg2 in programming mode, restore it to factory program using PSoC Programmer.

To do this, while pressing the SW3 switch, connect the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Board to the computer using the included USB Type-A to Type-C cable. This puts the PSoC 5LP into bootloader mode, which is indicated by the blinking amber status LED.

Run PSoC programmer.

“KitProg2 Bootloader devices are detected” message appears in the PSoC Programmer Results window.

Switch to the Utilities tab in PSoC Programmer and click the Upgrade Firmware button.

After programming is completed, the message “Firmware Update Finished” appears and the factory program is now successfully restored on the PSoC 5LP.

Best regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

thanks for the quick answer.

1. When talking about "Custom application" I thought to refer to the a sample application (Sample Project CE220331) recently programmed to the kit. Yes that was a missunderstanding of the term" custom application".

2. Now I followed your instructions but the sample application still does not start. Also the switches SW1 and SW2 do not have any impact.

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

What mean not start ?

E-INK display don't show the instructions ?

Have you tried to debug step by step your project ?

Regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu !

Answering Your questions:

What mean not start ?

- SW1 and SW2 no reaction

- not any LED on

E-INK display don't show the instructions ?

- display frozen in old state - no changes

Have you tried to debug step by step your project ?

- Errors while debugging:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

is the original CE218136_EINK_CapSense_RTOS.hex working ?

After programming cycle the power of the board.

Thanks,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

these are the hex files I can see:

pastedImage_0.png

Is it that what you are looking for? I can`t find a CE218136_EINK_CapSense_RTOS.hex !!!

And I don`t understand well your idea.

Helmut

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Helmut,

I try to figure out if there is a problem with the hardware or with the "Project" (software).

Try to program the attached hex file with PSoC Programmer and cycle the power of the board.

Thanks,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

wonderful, that piece of code works fine:

RST-Button      OK

Power ON LED   OK

LED  8              OK

Display             OK

Sliders              OK

What is the next step?

Thanks

Helmut

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Helmut,

awesome. Now try this hex file.

If this works, it means some part of your project is corrupted by some reason.

Best regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

yes, BLE_UI also works.

I have tried sever sample projects, all with the same problem. Can't start the application after loading via PSoC Creator.

Thanks for today. I`m going to sleep. Midnight

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

Is it Build Settings -> Peripheral Driver Library -> RTOS -> FreeRTOS -> Memory Management checked ?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

yes, Memory Management is checked !!!

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

sorry if I bothered you with a lot of questions. I can't figure out an easy way to fix the problem.

I know a hard way. Create a brand new project and import all source files and headers.

Regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

I'm a newbie with PSoC6 and PSoC Creator.

Do you have a guideline how to do that?

PS: When do you sleep?   😉  😞

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

In this case take a look at https://iotexpert.com/2017/05/30/psoc-6-freertos-first-example/ .

Later I will show you more.

PS: I can't tell you when I sleep. 🙂

Regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

I tried to implement the mentioned Project.

Got the following error:

pastedImage_0.png

How to correct the error?

Thanks

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

after

#include​ "project.h"

insert

#include "FreeRTOS.h"

#include "task.h"

Best regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

device programmed without error.

Application does not run:

No LED blinking

RST-Switch not working

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Helmut,

try to program and run the attached hex file.

Best regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

the following problem is given when programming:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Program Finished at 21:45:08                                                     |

| Programming Terminated

ERROR! --->                                                                      | The hex file does not match with the acquired device, please check the device

| Unchecked sections will be skipped for Program operation

Device set to CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 at 21:45:08                                      | 1048576  FLASH bytes

Device Family set to CY8C63xx at 21:45:08                                        |

| Automatically Detected Device: CY8C6347BZI-BLD53

| Silicon: 0xE207, Family: 0x100, Rev.: 0x21 (*A)

| SROM Firmware: 2.01, Flash Boot: 1.02, build 68 (*A)

| Protection state: 0x02 (NORMAL), Life Cycle stage: 0x01 (NORMAL)

Program Requested at 21:45:08                                                    |

Successfully Connected to KitProg2/182119DD02197400 at 21:45:03                  | KitProg2 Version 1.04 [HW Rev.0x02]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Helmut,

sorry , my mistake. Try this one.

0 Likes

Yes, LED5 is now blinking.

RST switch works

How to continue?

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Helmut,

please, try this one too.

Thanks,

Liviu

0 Likes

Good morning Liviu,

this one does NOT work.

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes

I'm leaving the office. Will be back tomorrow afternoon.

Regards

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

I am pretty sure the problem is PDL 3.1.0.

Project build with PDL 3.0.4 works (1-LEDBlink.hex)

Project build with PDL 3.1.0 don't (1-LEDBlink_1.hex).

Try to build your projects with PDL 3.0.4 .

To change PDL version go to Tools -> Options. Under Project Management you will see the PDL v3 (PSoC 6 devices) location. You can then browse for the PDL location of your choice.

Don't forget to verify if Build Settings -> Peripheral Driver Library -> RTOS -> FreeRTOS -> Memory Management is checked.

Best regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Hi Liviu,

yes, some of the Code Examples work well with PDL V3.0.4 some do not (e.g. CE218138). They requir latest PDL version (see error meassage):

> Error:  The Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) driver is incompatible with the Scan_ADC_v3_10 component used in the design, please install the latest PDL. <

So I have uninstalled my previous PDL 3.1.0 version and installed it again.

Now with code example CE218138:

Build Succeeded;

Finished Programming

But app. doesn't work. No SW RST, No Sw2, display frozen. No BLE

When building the following warning came up:

> Digital Placement...

Warning: placer did not place the following components:

\ADC:SARMUX\:SARMUX  <

Don't know if it matters !?!?

Best reagrds

Helmut

0 Likes

Hi Helmut,

have you tried to build CE218138 Project without Update Components.

You can find a very good explanation for warning in this discusion SARMux Placement error

Best regards,

Liviu

0 Likes

Please look at the PDL compatibility with different silicon revisions as shown in the table:

product_page.PNG

As seen from one of the logs, you have *A revision of the kit and hence will not work on PDL3.1.0. If you want to use the latest PDL, you will need a replacement.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes