1 of 2 OpAmps not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
theaaronm
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I am using the PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit for an application that needs two op amps. After looking at the data sheet, I was able to choose the correct pins and "OpAmp_Start();" both the components, but when I test them with a scope as a simple voltage follower, only OpAmp0 is operational. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Have you populated the folllowing resistor on the kit to use  pin9.3 as opamp output. 

Vasanth_0-1645690622616.png

The information is available in kit guide <https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY8CKIT-062-BLE_PSoC_6-BLE_Pioneer_Kit_Guide-UserManual-v01_0...>

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Have you populated the folllowing resistor on the kit to use  pin9.3 as opamp output. 

Vasanth_0-1645690622616.png

The information is available in kit guide <https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY8CKIT-062-BLE_PSoC_6-BLE_Pioneer_Kit_Guide-UserManual-v01_0...>

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

Thank you for your reply, I do not have R131 populated. What value resistor do I need to populate it with?

Thank you,

Aaron

0 Likes

Aaron,

R131 => Usually a low-value resistance.  0 ohm, 1 ohm, 10 ohm ...

Part of this decision is that the R131 will act as a natural current limiter.   A higher value resistance will act drop more of the Opamp output voltage and limit the output current.

For example: A 10K resistor in series to the Opamp 3.0V output to a 100K load will drop ~0.3V across R131 and the output will be 2.7V.   The current will be limited to 27uA instead of the full 30uA possible.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes