mtb-example-psoc6-mcuboot-basic v4 not compiling

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joshm
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

I am trying to use the example mtb-example-psoc6-mcuboot-basic on CY8CKIT-062_BLE, but I cannot get it to compile following the instructions on github (https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-mcuboot-basic). I am using MTB 2.4.0.

I created a new ModusToolbox Application and selected my board (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) then selected "MCUboot-Based Basic Bootloader". After attempting to build; however, I was greeted by 328 errors like the ones below which aren't making sense to be because the macro is clearly defined above in the file.

joshm_0-1654111980054.png

The discussion post (https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6-SDK/Example-project-build-errors-mtb-example-psoc6-mcuboot-...) seems to discuss a similar issue with the older version of this MCUboot example that was caused by MCUboot v1.8.1, but the current version of the MCUboot example I am using (release-4.0.0) was released 5 days ago, and claims it solves this issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been developing in PSOC Creator, and I am trying to decide if it is worth converting the project to MTB asap, but if I can't even get a basic OTA working soon, I will have to forget it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
joshm
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like my issue is that python2 runs by default when I enter the python command because of how my PATH. In the Makefiles, I just changed the following lines to execute python3 in all cases. That solved my issue. 

joshm_0-1654180562743.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YuZh
100 replies posted 10 likes received 50 sign-ins
0 Likes
joshm
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like my issue is that python2 runs by default when I enter the python command because of how my PATH. In the Makefiles, I just changed the following lines to execute python3 in all cases. That solved my issue. 

joshm_0-1654180562743.png

0 Likes