how to initialise and use two qspi devices using cyhal?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeRu_2759616
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

i have successfully setup and used a single qspi flash on qspi/smif using d4-d7, ssel1 and clk pins. setup is done using the cyhal api.

when starting the setup of the second qspi (sram) device by calling cyhal_qspi_init() it fails on allocating the clk pin.

i find the many layers of api:s confusing and the restrictions are sometimes diffuse.

are there any examples covering use of dual qspi devices simultaneously? that would be helpful.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @JeRu_2759616 ,

Currently we don't have such a code example.
Can you please share the stripe-down version of your project?

Warm Regards,
Gautami J 

0 Likes

Dear mr Gautami,

As fas as I understand it is not possible to initialise two separate devices using the cyhal api.

I am currently moving forward using the Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) instead.

It would be great to have an example of setting up two qspi devices (FLASH + FRAM for example) in an optimal way for fast access to both devices.

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @JeRu_2759616 ,

We have only one qspi block on our PSoC hence setting up two qspi devices is not possible. This is the reason that we don't have a code example for this.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes
JeRu_2759616
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear mr Guatami,

The SMIF controller can easily handle 2 separate qspi devices, and even 4 qspi devices if data pins are shared.

It would be valuable to have access to code examples of  more complex SMIF setups.

JeRu_2759616_0-1671009446378.png

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @JeRu_2759616 ,

Yes, you are correct but you wanted to use FLASH + FRAM for example. In this case, both run parallelly, and changing select lines is complex.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @JeRu_2759616  ,

The thread was locked due to inactivity for a long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Gautami J
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
An Infineon Technologies Company

0 Likes