cy8ckit-062s2-43012 not program second time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rahul_2464
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,I purchased an EVB - cy8ckit-062s2-43012

At first I programed a sample project and it worked fine.

Then when I try to program another project it writes me an error (the debug notes bellow) and I can not burn at all

Even when I tried with the PSOC CREATOR/PROGRAMER it did not recognize the PSOC6 CPU

The project that burned into the micro works so that the micro did not stop working.

any idea what is the problem ?

thanks !

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @rahul_2464

Can you please let me know the application that you programmed into the device? I do not see the logs attached. Can you please reattach the logs? 

Even when I tried with the PSOC CREATOR/PROGRAMER it did not recognize the PSOC6 CPU

That is correct. This device is only supported in Cypress Programmer and ModusToolbox.

Could it be that the KitProg3 mode was switched by mistake?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @Rakshith 

Thanks for reply.

I have to flash the simple hello world program.

when I try to flash the firmware using mbed studio in that software EVK was not detect directly so i press the switch to change the mode and EVK was detect. And able to flash the firmware properly.

but after that i am not able to flash the firmware anymore using mbed studio or modultoolbox or cypress programmer.

I have also attached error log.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Rahul, 

Can you please share the entire Cypress Programmer log? I see that the KitProg is detected in Cypress Programmer. Also, can you please confirm that the User LED is still blinking? To be able to use it within Mbed Studio you will have to change the mode to DAPLink. Please let me know if that works.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
rahul_2464
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Rakshith,

PFA of Cypress Programmer log. And User LED is still blinking. Now I am not able change the mode also.

If i press mode switch then KitProg3_Led status is change but it won't change the mode.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

0 Likes
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Rahul,

Have you tried using the Firmware Loader that runs within Modus Shell? Both are installed as part of ModusToolbox. Firmware loader can change the mode.

Find FW-loader in the tools directory or in the Windows start menu. FW-Loader is a program that runs in Modus Shell opened in the directory where FW-Loader resides.

With the kit plugged into your computer, type:

./fw-loader –device-list

Note: There are four modes for the kit: kp3-hid; kp3-bulk; kp3-bootloader; and kp3-daplink The different modes represent different protocols of communication.

Following are the commands to select each mode.

./fw-loader --mode kp3-hid

./fw-loader --mode kp3-bulk

./fw-loader --mode kp3-bootloader

./fw-loader --mode kp3-daplink

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Rakshith,

Time out error when I try to change modes via Firmware loader

0 Likes