Unable to install ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jimctr
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I have a Windows 10 machine and am logged in as Administrator, and I get to the end of what appears to be the complete installation of the ModusToolbox, pressing finish, but I get an error message:  Unable to execute file.  ShellExecuteEx failed: code 5, access denied

0 Likes
1 Solution
jimctr
Level 2
Level 2

Correction.  I does prompt you.  I am relocating the installation, which should likely fix the problem

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @jimctr

Can you please let us know the directory in which you are trying to install ModusToolbox? Also, please open the directory in Windows file explorer and let us know if there are any files/folders in that directory.

Just to confirm, are you trying to install ModusToolbox 2.2 or the 2.2.1 patch installer? Can you share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

It seems to be installing the program under administrator folder, which is likely the problem.  But I don't think the installation prompts you to install at a desired location:  

jimctr_0-1611247126210.png

0 Likes
jimctr
Level 2
Level 2

Correction.  I does prompt you.  I am relocating the installation, which should likely fix the problem

0 Likes