Smart IO GPIO Routing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kjo99
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi there, 

I am using CY8PROTO-062S3-4343W with ModusToolbox for my application. 

I am wondering if it is possible to route signals from a GPIO to any TPCWM block through SmartIO. 

My issue is that I have input signals coming in from pins 9[2] and 9[3] and I would like to connect them to Counters in TPCWM 1. I watched  the introduction to Digital Peripherals and it was mentioned that one could use SmartIO to route signals digitally. 

Could someone confirm this and provide and example with ModusToolbox and SmartIO configurator how I could do this> 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @kjo99 ,

You can refer this code example "PSoC™ 6 MCU: ramping LED using smart I/O". This example uses a PWM resource and smart I/O in PSoC™ 6 MCU to implement a ramping LED, where an LED gradually cycles through increasing and decreasing brightness levels. There is no CPU usage except for the initialization of PWM and smart I/O.

Also as mentioned in the video, you can also refer PDL page here to get started with the APIs associated with Smart I/O.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @kjo99 ,

You can refer this code example "PSoC™ 6 MCU: ramping LED using smart I/O". This example uses a PWM resource and smart I/O in PSoC™ 6 MCU to implement a ramping LED, where an LED gradually cycles through increasing and decreasing brightness levels. There is no CPU usage except for the initialization of PWM and smart I/O.

Also as mentioned in the video, you can also refer PDL page here to get started with the APIs associated with Smart I/O.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes