QSPI Configurator store absolute path to custom memory parts in design.qspi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeRu_2759616
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

i am customising two qspi memory parts which we use on our board. the .cymem files are located  within the project repository.

problem is that the design.qspi file contains absolute paths (MemoryConfigsPath) to the files which makes the build fail on other computers. also the projects BSP configurator sectuib fails to show up until we manually correct the paths in  design.qspi 

(latest version of ModusToolbox on Mac OS)

0 Likes
1 Solution
KeithS_76
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted First question asked 5 sign-ins

In QSPI Configurator, if you go into the Options menu, there is a Settings menu option which lets you set the "user memory folder".  This is configured per user, not per project.

If this is set, then QSPI Configurator will display all of the .cymem files in that directory in its comboboxes automatically, it will save the paths for files in that directory without absolute prefixes, and non-absolute paths found in the configuration files it loads will be treated as if they are relative to the user memory folder.

So I think the easiest thing to do would be to have all users of ModusToolbox set their user memory folder to a shared location containing the custom memory files.  That is how we internally thought this feature would be used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KeithS_76
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted First question asked 5 sign-ins

In QSPI Configurator, if you go into the Options menu, there is a Settings menu option which lets you set the "user memory folder".  This is configured per user, not per project.

If this is set, then QSPI Configurator will display all of the .cymem files in that directory in its comboboxes automatically, it will save the paths for files in that directory without absolute prefixes, and non-absolute paths found in the configuration files it loads will be treated as if they are relative to the user memory folder.

So I think the easiest thing to do would be to have all users of ModusToolbox set their user memory folder to a shared location containing the custom memory files.  That is how we internally thought this feature would be used.

0 Likes
JeRu_2759616
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Understood. But... If I check out and open a project and it can't find the memory files, the qspi configurator is not available so there is no way of editing this path. So I need to create an empty project in such a way that I can open the qspi editor so I can set the path.

I put the memory files within each product software repository for a number of reasons.  We theoretically could consider placing all memory files in a sub-repository but that would not solve this problem since each repository would have unique location for this sub-repo. Also it would be messy when I check out the project 5 years from now and don't remember about that box. 

Having a shared folder just for this doesn't really work with our setup of automated builds and for staff working from different locations and sometimes off-grid.

I manually edited the xml files to have relative paths which works for now.

0 Likes