OpenOCD failed - Can't program PSoC 6 WIFI-BT PIONEER KIT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiRo_4598436
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

WICED 6.4.0 (Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, with WICED SDK 3.4.0)

PSoC6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Rev C (Rev 11 stated on the kit)

Hi there,

It seems like I have a driver problem at least when using WICED SDK. Everything works fine if I use Modus Toolbox (compile-download-run). but trying to do so in WICED the download failes printing out the following errors:

Building apps lookup table

Downloading Bootloader ...

**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****

Downloading DCT ...

**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****

Downloading resources filesystem ... build/demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062/filesystem.bin at sector 1 size 119...

make[1]: *** [FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD] Error 1

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Well, "ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory and that the debugger is not running":

Because it works with MTB I don't think there is a problem related to the driver, and a debugger is not running.

I switched through all 3 modes (I thought there are only to, but there is a "faster blinking" mode, a "slower blinking" mode and a "LED stays on" mode. The last I guess is the one that I should use but the result is the same in all modes.

Any idea what the problem is?

I found the following issue, but as I don't think that it is a driver problem it didn't help.

OpenOCD Failed, CY8CKIT-WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit

Best regards, Nik

0 Likes
1 Solution

Nik,

This thread should be able to help. Kindly go through this and let us know if you are still facing the issue

Open OCD failed - error with PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Example snip-scan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Nik,

What the version of KitProg3 on your kit? The kit should be in KitProg3 HID mode (slow blinking) while programming the kit from WICED Studio. Please try again in HID mode.

Also please ensure that the make target command that you are trying looks something like -  <application>-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run

Cheers!

0 Likes

Hi SrikanthD_56

Thx for your response. 3 weeks ago I updated the KitProg3 to its latest (I didn't figured out how to read it out).
The command I copied out of the examples guide. So that should be correct as well.

Cheers Nik

0 Likes

Nik,

This thread should be able to help. Kindly go through this and let us know if you are still facing the issue

Open OCD failed - error with PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Example snip-scan