Open OCD SWD/JTAG error for CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aditi1prakash
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I am trying to flash "Secure_Blinky_LED_FreeRTOS" example project onto my "CY8CPROTO-064S1-SB" board using ModusToolbox IDE. 

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-secure-blinkyled-freertos: This code example demon...

The board was previously provisioned. I did not have to perform provisioing. Software build is successful but I am facing issues while flashing onto the board

Following is the error:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-4.2.0.1430 (2021-03-05-08:22)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
** Main Flash size limited to 0xD0000 bytes
adapter speed: 2000 kHz
adapter srst delay: 0
adapter srst pulse_width: 5
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
** Using POWERUP_DELAY: 5000 ms
** Using TARGET_AP: cm4_ap
** Using ACQUIRE_TIMEOUT: 15000 ms
** Auto-acquire enabled, use "set ENABLE_ACQUIRE 0" to disable
Info : Using CMSIS loader 'CY8C6xxx_SMIF_S25Hx512T' for bank 'psoc64_smif_cm4' (footprint 11612 bytes)
srst_only separate srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
Warn : SFlash programming allowed for regions: USER, TOC, KEY
Error: CMSIS-DAP: SWD not supported
Error: No Valid JTAG Interface Configured.

I have another board, which I could flash using mbedOS. This issue is observed when I use Modus toolbox IDE to program the board.

Kindly let me know if anyone has previously faced this issue or is aware of the solution already.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @aditi1prakash

I believe your device is in DAPLink mode. Can you please change it to CMSIS BULK mode? You can find this instruction in the Secure Boot SDK User Guide (Page 24) - 

Rakshith_0-1622190314143.png

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @aditi1prakash

I believe your device is in DAPLink mode. Can you please change it to CMSIS BULK mode? You can find this instruction in the Secure Boot SDK User Guide (Page 24) - 

Rakshith_0-1622190314143.png

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @Rakshith,

Thank you. That worked :)I was able to program the board.

However, the board shuts down after that. The terminal prints a message that there is an error during bootloader flow (image attached).

I get a warning message during the flash process that the board is pre-production version and the current software is incompatible (image attached).

I am assuming that this is the root cause for the program to not execute on the board. Do let me know if my assumption is wrong or if there is any work-around for this problem.

Regards,

Aditi Prakash

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Aditi, 

As this is a new query, can you please create a new thread so that your issue is tracked and will be helpful for anyone else who might face the same issue?

Please also mention the version of cysecuretools and ModusToolbox that you are using. When provisioning, did you receive any message to downgrade cysecuretools?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
aditi1prakash
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Sure, thank you. I will create a new one.

I am using ModusToolbox version 2.3.1(with patch) an cysecuretools version of 3.1.0.

0 Likes