Modus Toolbox with Psoc6 SDK Doesnt work when project path has spaces in it

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
azBlock1
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Cant believe im making this post in 2022 but here we are.

Im using Modus Toolbox 3.0.0.9369  on Windows 10 and a project for a PSOC 62 Dual Core MCU.

I went through the project and have created a git repository of a build able project. I have tested this by creating a blank folder, cloning the repo and then switching workspace in Modus Toolbox to this new folder. Then i use Open Projects from File System to import the project into Modus and then i go to Project -> Build All. Here is when i run into an issue.

Successful approach.

Workspace folder has no spaces ex C:\Projects\ActiveProject_workspace\

This works fine and builds as expected.

Failure approach.

Workspace folder has spaces ex C:\Projects\ActiveProject workspace\

This fails to build with the following error:

..."/tools_3.0/make/core_version3/query-v3.mk:68: *** Searching installed tools failed with error code: 1. Stop."

This seems like a bug to me somewhere in the compile process which prevents usage of a workspace that has spaces in the path.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @azBlock1 :

After checked the query-v3.mk below, I think currently we can't support any space in path.

_MTB_TOOLS__MTB_QUERY_ERROR_CODE:=$(shell mkdir -p $(_MTB_START_QUERY_TMP_DIR) && $(_MTB_TOOLS__START_QUERY_CMD) > $(_MTB_START_QUERY_TMP_FILE) ; echo $$?)

ifeq (0,$(_MTB_TOOLS__MTB_QUERY_ERROR_CODE))

$(info Searching installed tools complete)

else

$(error Searching installed tools failed with error code: $(_MTB_TOOLS__MTB_QUERY_ERROR_CODE))

endif

Best Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Qi_Colin

Hi @azBlock1 :

After checked the query-v3.mk below, I think currently we can't support any space in path.

_MTB_TOOLS__MTB_QUERY_ERROR_CODE:=$(shell mkdir -p $(_MTB_START_QUERY_TMP_DIR) && $(_MTB_TOOLS__START_QUERY_CMD) > $(_MTB_START_QUERY_TMP_FILE) ; echo $$?)

ifeq (0,$(_MTB_TOOLS__MTB_QUERY_ERROR_CODE))

$(info Searching installed tools complete)

else

$(error Searching installed tools failed with error code: $(_MTB_TOOLS__MTB_QUERY_ERROR_CODE))

endif

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes

Thank you for replying quickly, while your reply confirms the problem, it seems like a pretty big oversight within the software to be limited to directories without spaces for a software that is brand new in 2022. I hope this gets fixed quickly.

0 Likes
Qi_Colin

Hi @azBlock1:

Thank you for your points.

We will check this issue and try to fix it in the further update.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes