Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored

Hello these days I started receiving some "error" 

Error: Failed to write memory at 0xe000xxxx. I tested two PSoC MiniProg4

It was after programming procedure from Modus Toolbox launch, see logs bellow:

** Programming Started **
auto erase enabled
Info : Flash write discontinued at 0x10001914, next section at 0x10002000
Info : Padding image section 0 at 0x10001914 with 236 bytes (bank write end alignment)

[100%] [################################] [ Erasing ]

[100%] [################################] [ Programming ]

wrote 92672 bytes from file C:/Users/von-ra/mtw/USB_Audio_CY8CKIT_062_WIFI/build/CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/Debug/mtb-example-psoc6-usb-audio-device-freertos.hex in 1.592280s (56.837 KiB/s)
** Programming Finished **
** Program operation completed successfully **
srst_only separate srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
Info : SWD DPIDR 0x6ba02477
Info : SWD DPIDR 0x6ba02477
Error: Failed to write memory at 0xe0002010
Polling target psoc6.cpu.cm0 failed, trying to reexamine
Info : [psoc6.cpu.cm0] Cortex-M0+ r0p1 processor detected
Info : [psoc6.cpu.cm0] target has 4 breakpoints, 2 watchpoints
Info : [psoc6.cpu.cm0] external reset detected
Info : [psoc6.cpu.cm4] external reset detected
shutdown command invoked
Info : psoc6.dap: powering down debug domain...

What could cause these problem ?

Regards

Radim

0 Likes
1 Solution
VitaS_81
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted First solution authored

Radim,

There is nothing wrong with the programming, this step finishes successfully. After programming the hardware Reset (using XRES pin) is performed and the firmware starts running. Shortly after Reset the running FW performs something that causes the SWD connection to be lost. Broken SWD communication causes the error. After some period of time the SWD connection is restored and the debugger re-connects to the chip.

This error can be safely ignored.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @ravo :

Have you done any modification of the CE code or just original project?

I will check the original CE project based on CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT evk.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
ravo
Level 5
Level 5

Dear @Qi_Colin ,

thanks for answer, Yes of course I do some changes in project - but only in C code. No changes in Makefile, build or debug settings.

Regards.

Radim

0 Likes
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @ravo :

According to the section 5.4 in the PSoC_6_Programming_Specifications, you can find the address of 0xe0002010 is related to breakpoint function.

Could you help to remove your breakpoints at first and check the programming log again?

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
VitaS_81
Employee
Employee

Radim,

There is nothing wrong with the programming, this step finishes successfully. After programming the hardware Reset (using XRES pin) is performed and the firmware starts running. Shortly after Reset the running FW performs something that causes the SWD connection to be lost. Broken SWD communication causes the error. After some period of time the SWD connection is restored and the debugger re-connects to the chip.

This error can be safely ignored.

ravo
Level 5
Level 5

Dear @VitaS_81 ,

thanks for answer. So do you really think that I can ignore this error message ?

I thought that it could lead to another problem which I already have in this demo problem with seeing variables after breakpoints occurred  - see another thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/Expressions-in-Modus-Toolbox-3-0/m-p/386160#M...

Radim

0 Likes
VitaS_81
Employee
Employee

Radim,

Talked with the team internally and did not find the link between this particular case and other one tracked in https://community.infineon.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/Expressions-in-Modus-Toolbox-3-0/m-p/386160#M...

In your case here, most likely the used FW performs something that causes the SWD connection to be lost. Then the broken SWD communication causes the error you observe.

ravo
Level 5
Level 5

Dear @VitaS_81 

thnaks, so we can close this thread. 

But it looks that SWD connection is not lost, only I see very slow GUI and some artefacts in Expression window (after program suspend on specific breakpoint) - I will continue in the second thread.

Regards

Radim

0 Likes