Modus Tooblox - I'm terrified

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArOg_285336
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

When will Modus Toolbox be at the same level of ease of use as PSoCreator?

I am really scared and disappointed with what Modus Toolbox offers. These are two steps backwards compared to the PSoCreator.

I decided a long time ago for the PSoC4 and PSoC5 systems because of the friendliness of the IDE. I can't relate to Modus Toolbox. I'm afraid I'll have to use third-party microcontrollers. Do you understand that you are shooting yourself in the head promoting Modus Toolbox?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @ArOg_285336

PSoC Creator still remains the development environment for PSoC 5LP devices. The newer PSoC devices, however, will be supported in ModusToolbox. ModusToolbox caters to the features supported by the newer devices like connectivity and addresses some of the previous issues like git friendliness, installation issues, etc. I understand the apprehension, but we assure you that our team is continuously working on improving the tool. Please let me know if there are any particular features that you are referring to or if there are any additional features that you would like to see in ModusToolbox. I will forward it to the development team so that they can evaluate your request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @ArOg_285336

PSoC Creator still remains the development environment for PSoC 5LP devices. The newer PSoC devices, however, will be supported in ModusToolbox. ModusToolbox caters to the features supported by the newer devices like connectivity and addresses some of the previous issues like git friendliness, installation issues, etc. I understand the apprehension, but we assure you that our team is continuously working on improving the tool. Please let me know if there are any particular features that you are referring to or if there are any additional features that you would like to see in ModusToolbox. I will forward it to the development team so that they can evaluate your request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes