MTB Debugger 'hang' with PSOC6 and FreeRTOS app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
mark_ennamorato
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like given

Hi,

I have a FreeRTOS app running on PSOC6 on custom hardware.  Sometimes while debugging the debugger hangs when trying to pause the debugger, it does nothing. I cannot pause yet the code appears to be running (because its BLE and I can see the advertisement and connect/disconnect) yet cannot debug and I get weird messages in the console and also a pop up about interrupts see attached screenshot.  The only way out is to kill the session and restart it.  Any ideas what could be going on ?

thanks !

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @mark_ennamorato :

Are you working on BLE application?

Normally, when BLE stack is working, we can't pause the debugger, and it will cause the debugger mode hanged.

Therefore, I suggest you debug BLE application based on outputting logs.

Best Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @mark_ennamorato :

Are you working on BLE application?

Normally, when BLE stack is working, we can't pause the debugger, and it will cause the debugger mode hanged.

Therefore, I suggest you debug BLE application based on outputting logs.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes

Yes BLE app . thanks

0 Likes

hi @Qi_Colin ... can you explain why this is ???  why can't BLE stack be "paused" ? is it the CM0+ that is running the stack?  just wondering..... do you know of any work around?

thanks again

0 Likes

Hi @mark_ennamorato :

When BLE stack is working, it works following strict timing requirements of BT specification.

If it's paused during the process of BLE working, it will cause the program hang up.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes