Error: Program "${cy_tools_path:CY_TOOL_modus-shell_BASE}\bin\make" not found in PATH

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Attempting to run example from PSoC6 CapSense UART Tuner Sample Project in ModusToolBox using ModusToolbox 2.4.

I'm currently stuck at an error when attempting to Build the project that shows up in the Console:

Error: Program "${cy_tools_path:CY_TOOL_modus-shell_BASE}\bin\make" not found in PATH

Are there path requirements that aren't automatically created with ModusToolbox 2.4?

Attached is the process followed when attempting to run the Sample Project. My first two attempts failed due to a space in the path I used to locate the unzipped example. The third try, I wasn't sure how to run "make getlibs" so I tried another approach, which brought me to the Error in Path issue.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Right click on project name in MTB, choose "build targets->create"

11.png

put in "getlibs" command in target name text box and click OK.

2.PNG

A build target icon appear under project name, double clock "getlibs" icon to do getlibs operation.

1.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6

The file I attempted to attach appears to have been dropped. I'm adding this reply to re-attach.

0 Likes
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @GrCa_1363456,

Please, can you point out the exact sample project? I tried to find the project using your link but I was not able to find it. You can also attach the zip file to this thread.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6

There was a post with an example for PSoC 6 CapSense_TunerUart. I gave it a try but couldn't get it to work. It appears that post is now deleted.

"The message you are trying to access is  deleted."

The issues I was experiencing may have been common.

If you want to debug it, the two zip files I downloaded are attached.

I am now curious why the post would have been deleted.

Greg

0 Likes
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

I made this sample code and delete it from community because of some other reason, the post has been recovered by now.

Please try File-->Import-->ModusToolBox-->ModusToolBox App Import option to import the unzipped project into ModusToolBox 2.3 or 2.4, then use make getlibs to download the extra libs from github, then project should be pass building.

I didn't define any variable named "CY_TOOLS_PATH" as system(or user) variables in Win OS of my laptop. 

0 Likes

There's a lot of assumed knowledge that I don't appear to have.

I appreciate spelling out "File-->Import-->ModusToolBox-->ModusToolBox App Import "

I'm not sure what to import???

I unzipped the project into a directory C:/Scratch/CapSense_Uart4 then selected the directory "CapSense_TunerUart", which produces errors in MTB.

GrCa_1363456_0-1637792389823.png

Reading the log file tells me:

ERROR: Error creating Eclipse launch configurations: C:/Users/a73744/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/make/startex.mk:398: *** Build support for the target device not found. Run "make getlibs" to ensure all required build and code dependencies are present.. Stop.

How do I ... Run "make getlibs" ???

0 Likes

Right click on project name in MTB, choose "build targets->create"

11.png

put in "getlibs" command in target name text box and click OK.

2.PNG

A build target icon appear under project name, double clock "getlibs" icon to do getlibs operation.

1.PNG

0 Likes