CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W Still not supported in ModusToolbox 2.4 -- when will it be?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jjs3579
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I see that the project creation wizard still does not support the CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W board in choosing to create a new project based on BSP selection. You have to go through AWS to get a default project and then modify that in situ.

Can we expect BSP support any time soon? We are nearly at the end of 2021.

For example, the Hello-World blink example:

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world

Only supports the B0S2 version and not the S0S2. 

Why?

1 Solution

Greg,

I did get this work finally using a Mac and not a PC. 

The main thing was to add the location:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin

to the FRONT of my project build path. When I complained I was not getting the build to work, I had added it to the end of the PATH variable.

Also, the internals of the reprov_helper.py file have changed and so your document is out of date.. This is the form of the command that worked for me:

python reprov_helper.py -d cys06xxa -p policy/policy_single_CM0_CM4_swap.json -new-keys -s 12345678 -y

I got both the secure blinky and the Hello-World examples to build and be deployed to the board.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

JJS,

Reference Importing to PSoC64 S instructions on GitHub for one method.

https://github.com/ArrowElectronicsESC/P64_Webinar

Greg

0 Likes

Thanks Greg. I will need to try these instructions. I just got a new Rev 09 S board from Arrow as an educator and I was able to get the blinky mod from the Arrow Pressure Sensor webinar (I watched back in March) to work with the new board.  But that meant using the complex main.c from the aws_demo project as a start. I was looking for a simple example. Maybe this will help achieve success here.

0 Likes

I did not get this to work unfortunately.

I did re-provision the board successfully after I figured out the the reprov_helper has changed somewhat.

When I try to build things progress until I see the following:

python3 /Users/jjs/mtw2.4-exp/Secure_Blinky_LED_FreeRTOS/libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-064B0S2-4343W/psoc64_postbuild.py --core CM4 --secure-boot-stage single --policy policy_single_CM0_CM4_swap --target cyb06xxa --toolchain-path /Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/gcc --toolchain GCC_ARM --build-dir /Users/jjs/mtw2.4-exp/Secure_Blinky_LED_FreeRTOS/build/CY8CKIT-064B0S2-4343W/Debug --app-name mtb-example-psoc6-secure-blinky-led-freertos --cm0-app-path ../mtb_shared/psoc6cm0p/release-v2.1.4 --cm0-app-name psoc6_02_cm0p_secure

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/jjs/mtw2.4-exp/Secure_Blinky_LED_FreeRTOS/libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-064B0S2-4343W/psoc64_postbuild.py", line 20, in <module>

from cysecuretools import CySecureTools

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cysecuretools'

make[1]: *** [CY_BUILD_bsp_postbuild] Error 1

make: *** [secondstage_build] Error 2

"/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=2.4 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4 -j15 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

I did add cysecuretools to my project build path as seems to be needed for Mac users. This worked for the main demo from the AWS aws_demos project when I first got the same error. Also, this build command is still using the 064B0S2 form of the board rather than the 064S0S2 board that we ran the cysecuretools commands with.

So I am stuck still.

EDIT: I unstuck myself as stated in a more recent comment.

0 Likes

Greg,

I did get this work finally using a Mac and not a PC. 

The main thing was to add the location:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin

to the FRONT of my project build path. When I complained I was not getting the build to work, I had added it to the end of the PATH variable.

Also, the internals of the reprov_helper.py file have changed and so your document is out of date.. This is the form of the command that worked for me:

python reprov_helper.py -d cys06xxa -p policy/policy_single_CM0_CM4_swap.json -new-keys -s 12345678 -y

I got both the secure blinky and the Hello-World examples to build and be deployed to the board.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Jim,

Nice work and thanks for the feedback. I will work to update the documents on GitHub.

Please let me know if you or your students create any examples that can be shared on Infineon or the GitHub site. Examples can also be posted and shared directly into this Community.

Greg