Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benjaminpaik
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I've imported and run the "BLE_Battery_Level_FreeRTOS" example project on the CY8CKIT-062-BLE board in Modus Toolbox and was curious about how the code is structured with regard to the CM0 core. I have previously gone through the BLE tutorials using PSOC Creator. In the PSOC Creator examples, the CM0 is explicitly programmed to start and execute the BLE stack. In this Modus Toolbox example, I there is only one project with source for the CM4. Is the CM0 source to run the BLE stack prebuilt and automatically loaded in with the CM4 code when programmed? If a new version of the BLE stack is released, how would it be upgraded in the Modus Toolbox project? Does it get upgraded along with the bless library?

I also noticed that many of the settings in the Bluetooth Configurator appear to be locked (particularly in the GATT Settings. What is the reason for this and how are they unlocked?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @benjaminpaik,

In this Modus Toolbox example, I there is only one project with source for the CM4. Is the CM0 source to run the BLE stack prebuilt and automatically loaded in with the CM4 code when programmed?

Yes, the ModusToolbox BLE examples use a pre-built CM0+ image. Please refer to BLE Stack Components and CM0+ Pre-built Images section in the BLE API Reference Manual for information regarding these pre-built images.

If a new version of the BLE stack is released, how would it be upgraded in the Modus Toolbox project? Does it get upgraded along with the bless library?

Yes, the pre-built images will be updated accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @benjaminpaik,

In this Modus Toolbox example, I there is only one project with source for the CM4. Is the CM0 source to run the BLE stack prebuilt and automatically loaded in with the CM4 code when programmed?

Yes, the ModusToolbox BLE examples use a pre-built CM0+ image. Please refer to BLE Stack Components and CM0+ Pre-built Images section in the BLE API Reference Manual for information regarding these pre-built images.

If a new version of the BLE stack is released, how would it be upgraded in the Modus Toolbox project? Does it get upgraded along with the bless library?

Yes, the pre-built images will be updated accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes