wireless connectivity to CY8CKIT-001 PSOC development kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am working on "passive keyless switch entry" so i am limited with only CY8CKIT-001 PSOC development kit ....so can anyone please help me with a solution .... thank u 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Obviously a language barrier. The dark blue pcb is the PSoC5 processor module, the light blue pcb is a PSoC1 and the green one is a PSoC3 processor module. Get acquainted to the documentation of your Kit-001 (I have got a similar one) and try to find out whether you have got an older model or a new one. The difference is: the older kits have got a PSoC5 processor module which isn't supported any more, while the newer have got an PSoC5 LP module.

At first install the Kit's software (Creator, programmer, example programs and documentation files).

Before updating to latest version via internet, check for the version of Creator, should be 3 something, otherwise you likely have got a PSoC without the "LP" marking. You should upgrade processor module, contact your local Cypress FAE.

There is a connector on the mainboard to connect a radio chip to, refer to the schematics provided by cypress.

Connect your kit via USB (check in documentation WHICH of the two USB ports) to your PC and wait for driver loaded.

If the kit hasn't been programmed yet a test-program will be executed, verifying that everything is ok.

When done so far, tell us your experiences and we will continue helping you.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

We'd like to, but what are exactly your specifications for "passive keyless switch entry". Are you referring to CapSense?

What exactly do you want to perform?

I would suggest you setup your kit with the PSoC5LP processor module and get the USB-connection working so that you may program and debug your project.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for ur info bro but i am limited with the belong psoc kit ...so please try to figure out from these ...i hope u understand my issue .....

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Obviously a language barrier. The dark blue pcb is the PSoC5 processor module, the light blue pcb is a PSoC1 and the green one is a PSoC3 processor module. Get acquainted to the documentation of your Kit-001 (I have got a similar one) and try to find out whether you have got an older model or a new one. The difference is: the older kits have got a PSoC5 processor module which isn't supported any more, while the newer have got an PSoC5 LP module.

At first install the Kit's software (Creator, programmer, example programs and documentation files).

Before updating to latest version via internet, check for the version of Creator, should be 3 something, otherwise you likely have got a PSoC without the "LP" marking. You should upgrade processor module, contact your local Cypress FAE.

There is a connector on the mainboard to connect a radio chip to, refer to the schematics provided by cypress.

Connect your kit via USB (check in documentation WHICH of the two USB ports) to your PC and wait for driver loaded.

If the kit hasn't been programmed yet a test-program will be executed, verifying that everything is ok.

When done so far, tell us your experiences and we will continue helping you.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob Marlowe sir i am kinda confused so can u please more specific that what should i use to work on my project (passive keyless entry switch) instead of the developing tool which i have which is attached belong...can u please give me the link of the modules and all what to do with my project .... i will bwe glad thank u

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

The kit you have covers 3 PSOC families, so first you would select a family

for the design. With the kit you can write code, program a PSOC module, and debug.

Once you get to final design finsih you would clone the project to the specific PSOC part

you have choosen, and go to production.

You need to select a radio chip, like PRoC www.cypress.com/, or Zigbee, PSOC BLE

www.cypress.com/psoc4ble/, whatever end design requirements are, and in The PSOC

design tools Creat your design, and interface to the radio chip. PRoC BLE might be a good

fit to consider - www.cypress.com/procble/

We can help select a family, depends on your volumes, overall specs (saying keyless entry is not

a spec), design goals, etc.. PSOC 4 is super low cost, ARM core, PSOC 1 also has super low

cost parts, but older family with proprietary core. I would start with PSOC 4 and examine your

requirements and see if you can match them up to PSOC 4 family.

An overview of Passive Keyless Entry (using pSOC 1) www.cypress.com/

Starting here is a good place - www.cypress.com/psoc/ and here video.cypress.com/video-library/

Also contact your local FAE and manufacturers rep for a visit, they are a

wealth of info and can help you and guide you down the right path.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i might be asking u sirs alot but can u please mail me ur contact like mobile or facebook id ...pls concern my request and mail me to vvk1806@gmail.com ...i will be waiting for ur valuable reply ...thank you

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you, Dana to show me what the "passive keyless switch entry" is, wan't easy to translate into my native language.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

@VINNU, do the following, you won't regret it -

Contact your local FAE and manufacturers rep for a visit, they are a

wealth of info and can help you and guide you down the right path.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi sirs, i am thank full for ur help , actually i am doing my project from my college , so the problem here is there is no actual faculty or any help desk . in our college we have the kit for students need and i was interested in it....the kit i shown in the recent post in png format ....and from the knowledge of urs i came to know abt local FAE but i dont know how to reach tht ...so pls mail me ur info so tht i can contact u ...i hope u both sirs understood my issue....thank u 

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

The forum assistants in many instances have a normal work career

and can only assist part time. Also it takes a number of people due

to varying levels of expertise and experience to help a person here.

So simply post your questions here and the forum will do its best to

assist you. And you will benefit from the diversity of experience the

forum has.

I do not speak for all the forum contributors, you may find someone here

that will work with you on a direct basis.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is a Cypress office in Bangalore, look here secure.cypress.com/.

And: No, I do not want to be contacted via eMail.

The kit you have got is this one: www.cypress.com/ on that page you find lots of documentation including the schematics.

Download and install the required software packages and start to learn what PSoCs are, there are lots of example projects to get your kicks from.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

A series of videos here in case you have never used a PSOC or

its IDE, Creator -

http://video.cypress.com/video-library/video/PSoC-Software

http://www.cypress.com/psoc/?source=CY-ENG-HOMEPAGE&medium=Body-Products Overview of PSOC familes

You will find both Designer (PSOC 1) and Creator (PSOC 3, 4, 4 BLE, 5LP) there.

Your kit supports all these families.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi sir, 

vinay here, i want to re-discuss my issue with u. I gave an attachment a jpg format image which displays the kit which is with me and i want to do a project which is regrading wireless connectivity(passive keyless entry switch application) which needs wireless device to work on the project. so i came to know tht the kit which is with me has got wireless device or module so with the source of cypress forum and ur replies i came to know tht i can use "CYRF6936: WirelessUSB™ LP 2.4 GHz Radio SoC" and "CYRF7936-40LTXC" as an wireless connectivity support and thanks for tht. But the situation here is tht i am not sure tht,does these two modules mentioned above can support the kit which i have or not . 

So can u please give me an pleasent idea abt my issue ...if the modules does support then pls let me know what is the accurate module to go through and the links of them...

the only issue i got is tht i am doing actually studing on my own ... the only help i am getting from is u sir ...i hope u understand and to mention i am from hyderabad and in my knowledge there is no institute or company which work on PSoC...so tht is the only issue ,,...n to say Forum is the only hope i got .... thank u 

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

The 6936 has a SPI interface. The -001 kit MCU modules

can interface to the SPI interface, which then allows you

to control the 6936 by writing software on the -001 kit.

The 7936 can also be used with -001 kit, again you would

interface to this chip using the SPI interface and writing software

on the -001 kit,

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes