Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sirs,

I am working on a Project with the use of the PSOC 5 LP device. Our goal is to program a device for real time monitoring of a physiological parameter. At the moment, we are simulating the generation of the real signal with the use of the WAVEDAC component. However ,even if the signal is generated within a range of 0-2V, after the conversion of the ADCDELTASIGMA, the signal is remapped into all the dynamics of the ADC component(i.e. 0-5V). The output signal of the ADC is converted in mV using the function ADC_DelSig_Wave_CountsTo_mVolts. This converted signal does not have the original value between 0-2000 mV, but all the values are remapped between about 180-4700 mV.

Since the real device operates on a real signal, we do not know the real range of this signal and hence we can’t digitally convert the output of the ADC in order to obtain said real signal. In other words, despite the simulated signal is between 0-2000mV, the output signal read from the ADC is between 0-5000mV but it cannot be related to the input signal. Therefore, this output signal can’t be used for a further processing.

What I would like to know is how we can maintain the original range between 0-2000mV also after the conversion. May I have your support? Do you have some hints or suggestion on how to proceed?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Massimiliano Ripamonti

0 Likes
5 Replies