using USBFS component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaSh_3782726
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi all,

I am stuck in one problem,

Can anyone suggest how I transfers data using USBFS?

I have one raw data files Ex : Data.dat (which contain raw data of 500 MB data)

How I transfer this data using USBFS in less time.

What should be the hardware connection.

This file is in SD card and I need to open and using USBFS I need to transfer on my PC.

Please help me asap.

Thanks and regards

Rathang shah

0 Likes
4 Replies
RaSh_3782726
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I am using PSOC 5lp

SD card connection is emFile system.

0 Likes

Rathang,

It sounds like the optimum situation for you is to configure the USBFS interface as a 'passthru' for the SD card.  In this case, plugging in the PSoC with this feature would appear as an logical drive (just like plugging in a FLASH drive).  As another logical drive, you can access any file or directory as you would any FLASH drive.

Can anyone with more USB configuration experience help here?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Rathang,

I'm not a USB expert however I found this site that describes UMS class (=0x08) for USB access to mass storage devices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_mass_storage_device_class

It's a start.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Rathang,

Please refer to the emFile datasheet: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/file-system-library-emfile .

The component provides an interface to the SD Card and can be used for communication with the SD Card.

In order transfer data using the USBFS component the following application notes might prove to be helpful:

USBFS datasheet

Implementing USBFS Transfers

You can also refer to the psoc3/4/5LP Code Example page for code examples on communication using USBFS component.

Can you please let me know if you are planning to utilize the the Mass storage class of USB?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes