use kitprog to program target board - enumerates as HID?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a MiniProg3 on hand right now, but I do have a PSoC5 LP prototype kit, with the break-away KitProg section.

I broke off that part of the board and wired the 5 pin header over to my target board (Vtarg, Gnd, RESET, SWDCLK, and SWDIO).

When I plugged the board into my laptop, it enumerated as a HID device. Creator doesn't find it as a programmer.

Can this board be used like this for debugging and programming (in lieu of a MiniProg3)?

If so - how do I get it to install correctly?

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Please check the "Hardware ID" of the HID device by the device manager.  Do you see a device look like followings?  And also check if the STATUS LED (LED3) on the board is blinking.

GS003243.png

This ID is used to bootload a firmware into the KitProg PSoC 5LP device.  There are several possible reasons.

1) The RESET button is pressed when the break-away board is attached to your PC.  The KitProg device is going to enter to the bootload mode.

2) The target board or the break-away board has a large capacitor between XRES and VSS.  When the break-away board is inserted while the capacitor is discharged, the XRES signal is recognized as LOW when the power supplied to the break-away board.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Please check the "Hardware ID" of the HID device by the device manager.  Do you see a device look like followings?  And also check if the STATUS LED (LED3) on the board is blinking.

GS003243.png

This ID is used to bootload a firmware into the KitProg PSoC 5LP device.  There are several possible reasons.

1) The RESET button is pressed when the break-away board is attached to your PC.  The KitProg device is going to enter to the bootload mode.

2) The target board or the break-away board has a large capacitor between XRES and VSS.  When the break-away board is inserted while the capacitor is discharged, the XRES signal is recognized as LOW when the power supplied to the break-away board.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Follow the steps to update the driver for Kitprog  instead of MiniProg3 as shown in doc attached -

Just at step#06 follow this -

#6 Browse and select:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg.inf

0 Likes