usbfs design question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am considering the design of an interface device (board) that essentially will make multiple USB devices appear as one USB device. 

Just a bit of back ground.  I am an amateur radio operator and use a radio called the Peaberry V2.  I own multiple of these radios.  Currently each radio attaches to a PC via USB.  Each radio appears as a separate device on the PC.  Each radio has a operates on a unique band of frequencies.  Currently the PC host application needs to be stopped, reconfigured and restarted to switch between radios.  The idea is to use a PSoC 3 and configure multiple USBFS components (one for each radio) and then select a given USBFS component and route the data to a common USBFS component that is attached to the PC.  

The interface device will do more than USB interfacing but I would like to know what folks think about this aspect first. 

I need to stay with the PSoC 3 as this is the only chip that is available in a 48 pin configuration.  The board will be offered as kit and the 48 pin version is the only chip that can be reasonably be soldered into place by a kit builder

Thanks for taking a look,

Ron

0 Likes
5 Replies