trying to get the Psoc 5lp to drive a load board at 1V and I cant seem to do it help!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
1 Solution

AbDe,

This is a 'dirt' easy project.

Drop the WaveDAC8, a Analog Pin and a Logic Low '0' on the TopDesign.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1617624175712.png

Next configure the WaveDAC8 as shown here:

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1617624236838.png

Next, go to the DWR/Pins and set the port pin to use for the output of the WaveDAC8: (P3.7 was selected here)

Len_CONSULTRON_2-1617624336069.png

Lastly add the following line just after the CyGlobalIntEnable; statement:

WaveDAC8_Start();

Build the project (with no errors) and viola!  A 10KHz squarewave from 0 to 1.0V from P3.7

Attached is another version of the project file.

If you're still having problems, archive your project and attach it to this thread.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

AbDe,

I'm trying to understand your question.

Are you trying to drive a load connected to the PSoC5 output at 1V? 

If so, what is the current requirements to the load?

Len
0 Likes
AbDe_4785861
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am having trouble getting the Psoc to mimic a function generator doing a square wave at 1v amplitude at 10KHz to control a load board with 16 to 1 voltage divider going into an op-amp then to a mosfet gate to control a load.  It works fine with the function generator and with a potentiometor on the board but me and my partner can not get it work with the psoc.

0 Likes

AbDe,

I've attached a project file where a WaveDAC8 component can act as a AWG (Arbitrary Wave Generator).

The AWG in this design starts up at power up with a Square Wave @ 10KHz with a swing of 0V to 1V out of pin P3.7.

This should be a good start.

There is another way to generate a 10KHz squarewave with a 0 to 1V swing.  It can generate squarewaves from < 1Hz to 10MHz.  But only squarewaves.

Len
0 Likes

I was not able to open your file but used the WAVDAC8 example and set it to the parameters and still could not get this to work .  It works fine with a real function generator but can not get it to work with the WAVDAC8 or a PWM block and the IDACs.  Do you know of any reason why with the same setting the Psoc would not be able to mimic the function generator?  I am at a loss.  Thank you for your time that you have given.

0 Likes

AbDe,

This is a 'dirt' easy project.

Drop the WaveDAC8, a Analog Pin and a Logic Low '0' on the TopDesign.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1617624175712.png

Next configure the WaveDAC8 as shown here:

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1617624236838.png

Next, go to the DWR/Pins and set the port pin to use for the output of the WaveDAC8: (P3.7 was selected here)

Len_CONSULTRON_2-1617624336069.png

Lastly add the following line just after the CyGlobalIntEnable; statement:

WaveDAC8_Start();

Build the project (with no errors) and viola!  A 10KHz squarewave from 0 to 1.0V from P3.7

Attached is another version of the project file.

If you're still having problems, archive your project and attach it to this thread.

Len
0 Likes

AbDe,

Was my last post useful to create a AWG?

Len
0 Likes