startup SAR_ADC soc after 10µs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2747286
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hello,

in the description of soc-Input of SAR_ADC, there is following sentence in the datasheet:

The first soc rising edge should be generated at least 10 us after the Component is started to guarantee reference and pump voltage stability.

How is this to understand? If I'd like to sample with 200Hz, I have to proved the first edge after 10µs? (following edges are not concern?)

Is also possible to do this first conversion via SW control to be sure to have this 10µs?

Thx,

Stefan

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Stefan,

You should have no problem sampling SAR_ADC at 200Hz. What 10us means that after ADC_Start() command, it will take 10us to stabilize reading. Typically you start ADC on startup among many other initialization commands, so by the time in it sequence is complete, the ADC is ready.

This parameter may be important only if you turn ADC only for short time to take a sample and then immediately turn it off to save power. It such case adding a delay may be proper

ADC_Start();

CyDelyUs(10);

ADC_StartConvert();

ADC_Stop();

/odissey1

View solution in original post

2 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Stefan,

You should have no problem sampling SAR_ADC at 200Hz. What 10us means that after ADC_Start() command, it will take 10us to stabilize reading. Typically you start ADC on startup among many other initialization commands, so by the time in it sequence is complete, the ADC is ready.

This parameter may be important only if you turn ADC only for short time to take a sample and then immediately turn it off to save power. It such case adding a delay may be proper

ADC_Start();

CyDelyUs(10);

ADC_StartConvert();

ADC_Stop();

/odissey1

Hello,

thank you for explaination.

I have misunderstood the sentence and thought SOC must come at the latest 10µs after start. So it makes more sense...

Thx,

Stefan

0 Likes