questions regarding PSoC® 3 MFi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve recently found out about the Cypress MFi silicon family of products and  considering to develop an iPhone accessory product based on it –  Specifically interested in PSoC® 3 MFi.  I would like to ask a few questions regarding the PSoC 3 MFi silicon:

1) Does the PSoC 3 support Charging Pass-Through feature for iphone?

2) What’s the time-to-market given that I already have an application – Is  it difficult to connect an application to the accessory in your design?

3) Can I get a sample board for development?

4) What’s the pricing for this silicon in small quantities?

5) What’s the average BOM of a product based on your silicon?

6) Does Cypress provide a reference design schematics with low BOM parts?

Regards,

Shuki

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Using CY8CKIT-033A kit, if you supply power to PSoC3 externally (like  from USB port), then with proper setting of Jumper J101, iphone will get charged

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

You can check our CY8CKIT-033A PSoC® 3 MFi whose detail is available at this link:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-033a-psoc-3-mfi-made-ipod-iphone...

For other queries please contact Local Cypress FAE

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The thing is, that the local FAE didn't know the answers to these questions and told me to ask in this forum

Regards,

Shuki

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Using CY8CKIT-033A kit, if you supply power to PSoC3 externally (like  from USB port), then with proper setting of Jumper J101, iphone will get charged

0 Likes