howto route and connect external ground to digital ground internally of psoc1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prbh_3338016
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hi gurus,

I am finding trouble with psoc1 in connecting the external analog ground with the physical ground of psoc. how to do this? I tried many things but i am missing something and am confused. I have used psoc creator but psoc designer is somewhat confusing to me mostly the anlog section. Please help

I want to connect the analog sensor to pin 0_2 and pin 0_3 where p0_3 in positive and p0_2 is negative(ground) respectively. I just dont know or i am uncapable of routing the external ground this leads to erratic result of adcinc.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

I request you to kindly refer to AN2219 - PSoC® 1 Selecting Analog Ground and Reference.

Since our PSoC1 family is mature, and very little support is available, I request you to kindly consider our newest PSoC4 and PSoC6 families for your new designs.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

I request you to kindly refer to AN2219 - PSoC® 1 Selecting Analog Ground and Reference.

Since our PSoC1 family is mature, and very little support is available, I request you to kindly consider our newest PSoC4 and PSoC6 families for your new designs.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Very much disappointed with the reply.

What kind of reply was this. Unexpected reply. Your chip has been matured then why it is been sold. For some application one can use psoc1 over psoc4 and psoc6 . And what happened to psoc3 and psoc5 chips. Are these too matured.

If you would have answered the question as the question is not tough for your team. I just want a solution to connect external sensor ground to  chips ground internally .

Very disappointed

0 Likes

We have some customers who use PSoC1 devices in very high volumes. This is why PSoC1 is currently in production. By having customers who use very high volumes of PSoC1, we are able to keep the price at a reasonable level, and this helps medium and small volume customers.

High volume customers for PSoC1 have been migrating to other MCUs from Cypress for around five years now. Since there are no new high volume customers for PSoC1, we term the family as matured. As existing high volume customers oh PSoC1 move on to other MCUs, we will not be able to deliver PSoC1 MCUs at a reasonable price. This is why product obsolescence happens.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes