flash cy8c5888lti-lp097 through KitProg section without VTARG connection and supply Cypress board form external source at the same time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone. I'm currently using cy8c5888lti-lp097. I've already separated KitProg section from Cypress board, connected them with jumpers and successfully supplied the board from external source (I didn't remove diode D1). My question is, can I flash the board through KitProg section but without VTARG connection and supply Cypress board form external source at the same time? Because as I know, it's forbidden to connect more that one power supply source at the same time. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Ivan,

You can program the device using Kitprog and external power supply. For that you have to use RESET programming mode. Connect GND, XRES, SWD_IO and SWD_CLK of the Kitprog to your board (do not connect power supply), power the board using external power supply and program the device.

Please update if you have any queries.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Ivan,

You can program the device using Kitprog and external power supply. For that you have to use RESET programming mode. Connect GND, XRES, SWD_IO and SWD_CLK of the Kitprog to your board (do not connect power supply), power the board using external power supply and program the device.

Please update if you have any queries.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ganesh,

thanks for your answer. I didn't try this method yet, but I solved my problem with Cypress MiniProg3. This device doesn't power the entire cypress board, only KitProg section. And it can be flashed if I use external power supply for the target board. That's exactly what I need.

Thanks,
Ivan

0 Likes