emFile Example problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP Prototyping kit and i want save some data in a SD card. So, I tried make a example project but this don't compiled. The error message is: Build error: cannot find -l..\..\..\pzoc\emFile_V322c\LinkLibrary\PSoC5\GCC\emf32nosnlfn. But, i don't understand why if the file emf32nosnlfn is in the folder.  I have created an emFile Project for a PSoC 5LP Application using GCC toolchain
When using the GCC toolchain, you must specify the directory where the library file is located. I have followed the steps to create the emFile project for PSoC 5LP application using GCC toolchain.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

You made a simple error when specifying the additional libraries for the linker. Check the picture in figure 7 of  emFile datasheet "Getting started" There is a simple filename needed without the "lib", without the ".a" and without a path.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the welcome Bob.

You were right, I changed the file name and the program loaded correctly. It was a simple mistake, sorry I'm new. Thank you.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome, nothing to excuse for.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another question, I am trying to save some data from RTD sensors on the SD card, I have used as a base the previous example. But, the program only saves once data in the text file, then I get error writing to the file. I use an interrupt and a timer every time I want to save data in the file. I do not know if I have to use another file format or if I have to use a pointer shift function. Or you may have to use a counter as "for".

This is my code.

0 Likes