cannot attached a only Code library to a project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArLe_3696811
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hi

I am using creator version 3.3 and pSoC 5

In my project I have a folder with two files C and H and they have some functionality we need for many project.

So far we were coping those file to each project separately. (the files are compile OK in the project)

We decided to create a code library that can be linked and share among the project

I have created a Code library project with this two files and gave it a name.

Let say that the library name creates is "MyLib.a" and the H file is "MyFile.h" and also I Have "MyFile.c".

The library project compile OK and created the Library "MyLib.a" .

Now I went to any project I have that uses those files embeded in my code and removed the code from it. Assuming now i can add the library and the include the h file and all will be fine.

First I added the Library in the linked in the library path and library name using the browse option we have in the IDE

The H file have been assign in the project include folder and added to the project

When I complied it the it complain that he cannot fie the file "MyLib.a" where for sure it exist and i have set the right path for it

I also try to add it as dependencies and any information I found in.

I am familiar with adding library in different type of high language and here I failed.

I tried to search the forum before putting my case here and didn't find any found some and followed them instruction but one works.

I tried also to copy this library file "MyLib.a" to my project folder but it didn't worked.

Please help is required on that issue and i am sure that someone came across it and have a solution

Regards and Thx

Arie

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

ArLe,,

When adding your custom library to the project did you follow the steps described in this KBA?

Adding .a Library File to PSoC Creator Project Using GCC Toolchain – KBA227572

/odissey1

View solution in original post

8 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

ArLe,

One way to do this is to create a custom component, and add it to the dependencies list. Then all you need is to add it to the dependencies (Project-> Dependencies -> Add..) and drop component to the schematic. You can find an examples of such "pure API" components here:

SerialPlot: interface to real-time data charts

MedianFilter: sliding window median filter component

Fast Thermistor Calculator

This is probably not what you mentioned above, but I find it convenient.

/odissey1

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for your help but i am using PSoC Creator version 3.3 and cannot load the project its probably build with later version

What i Need is a very simple :

I have written some function to access a Nextion HMI Screen (its a touch screen that has an API - simple one). it is not so important

I will show you one functoion in my C file and a declaration in my H file and if you can point me how to do it as in your sample seriallib

I will list only one function to ease the explanation and if help will be given on only this function will be more then fine.

.c file name "HMIControls.c"

and one of the functoin is :

void HMI_SetIntegerControlValue(char* pageName, char* objectName, int value, char* pcBuf)

{

char carValue[20];

itoa(value, carValue, 10);

if (pageName != NULL)

{

sprintf(pcBuf, "%s.%s.val=%s%c%c%c", pageName, objectName, carValue, HMI_END_COMMAND, HMI_END_COMMAND, HMI_END_COMMAND) ;

}

else

{

sprintf(pcBuf, "%s.val=%s%c%c%c", objectName, carValue, HMI_END_COMMAND, HMI_END_COMMAND, HMI_END_COMMAND) ;

}

HMI_SendData(pcBuf) ;

}

and in the .h file name "HMIControls.h" i have the prototype declaration of that function

void HMI_SetIntegerControlValue(char* pageName, char* objectName, int value, char* pcBuf);

Now what i need is how to create an empty custom component code only that i can create a library on the above function and then linked it to any project using Nextion screen that required those functionalities.

Thanks in advance

Arie

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

ArLe,

/odissey1 is correct.

Maybe the attached document may help.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Arie,

I guess I'm having difficulty understanding what you are trying to do.  So I have some questions:

We decided to create a code library that can be linked and share among the project

I have created a Code library project with this two files and gave it a name.

Let say that the library name creates is "MyLib.a" and the H file is "MyFile.h" and also I Have "MyFile.c".

The library project compile OK and created the Library "MyLib.a" .

The library called "MyLib.a" as actually called "MyLib.a.cylib"?

Now I went to any project I have that uses those files embeded in my code and removed the code from it. Assuming now i can add the library and the include the h file and all will be fine.

Yes.  Once you compile the code, you can remove the .c file.   However you need to compile the code for the CPU types you plan to support.

Try this link:  Creating a Library Project as an Object Code – KBA90606

Is there a reason you are using Creator 3.3?   Creator is currently at 4.3.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

ArLe,,

When adding your custom library to the project did you follow the steps described in this KBA?

Adding .a Library File to PSoC Creator Project Using GCC Toolchain – KBA227572

/odissey1

Hi BoTa_264741

Your link does the job

To be honest i saw it and followed the instruction and i missed the CPU type. After following carefully on what said in the link it all works OK

One small issue i figure in another library i have created.

One of my function required the use of pow function so, I have used #inclue <math.h> file and compile the lib OK.

Note : If i removed the #include <math.h> it didn't compile. so the #include <math.h> is a must for that library to compile.

So after creating the new lib.

I opened my project that required this new library functionality and made a dependency on the new lib and compile the project. the compiler complains that there is no reference to "pow" function, do you any any clue why it complains on it?

I get around this error compilation by replacing the value that pow calculates with a fixed known number and the project compile and run prefect.

Thanks again

Arie

0 Likes

ArLe,

I believe that the compiler also needs to be notified about using the math library. Somewhere in the Project-> Build settings -> Compiler -> Additional libraries add "m" (math library).

/odissey1

Many Thanks It works OK

0 Likes